SAU Community

Jacob's R33 Gtst S2

What injectors did u go with

Got some used but very low KM 740CC Nismo's - The guy who I bought them off got the same power I am aiming for with the same injectors. I see you have the same injectors on your S2 - How do you find them idling etc and how did the tuner find them to setup?

The tuner had no issues with them. The idle isn't silky smooth but it never was in this car. I doubt its got anything to do with the injectors as they'll sit on afrs of 15 at light cruise no problem. They're good injectors even if they are old tech and can't be beat for ease of install.

Awesome, my idle isn't and never has been perfect either so no big deal.

I got them for cheap as chips with very low kms on them too -I'll get them cleaned for piece of mind too. They are spotless too though with no obvious signs of wear (the seller is here on SAU too :))

E02977CF-4F90-4D73-BFB4-133991E470B1_zps

Tune is booked in for the 20th November so I'll just be cleaning the car and double checking everything before it goes in.

Went to JEM today and spoke to Adam Neish himself.

Got a proper quote and proper expectations

The following is happening when it goes in

- Injectors installed and cleaned

- Z32AFM Installed

- Tune

- FPR setup

- Vacuum leak test

- Boost leak test

- Higher rated plugs

Once all of that is done and it's confirmed that I don't need to buy anything new because something doesn't work or is broken I'll go for a new boost controller but if something doesn't need to be replaced I won't go ahead with it. I'd like to go with a simple boost controller that can be tuned and used easily. The AVCR is overly complicated - I would rather something simple.

Stay tuned for updated but I doubt I'll do anything else until it goes in

Goes to JEM in around 2 weeks now - It's supposed to be pretty decent.

I told JEM my goal is 285RWKW and Stao reckons it's achievable

I'll post DIY information and Dyno information with detailed information on what I have done when it gets back from being tuned :)

EDIT: Was supposed to work on my car this weekend but I helped my mates out instead with their cars so I'll spend more time on it later this week.

Edited by kingtube69

Pretune update

- Changed the oil

- Went to change the actuator but that didn't go too well with changing the spring to a higher rated one. Instead, I'm expressing a Turbosmart one this week sometime

Car developed a slight tick which I'll chase down today or later this week. Doesn't go away with clutch input but goes quiet when I rev it ever so slightly so I would assume something is just loose somewhere.

Really digging deep with a few unexpected issues as of late.

Stay tuned for dyno graph later this week or the next.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Adm,

Current run down is:

Nismo 740CC Injectors
Z32 Map sensor instead
HyperGear ATR45SAT IWG - Having some pretty bad problems with the wastegate and or actuator. I'll probably end up replacing this turbo next year.
Apexi AVCR
Stock manifolds
3" Exhaust
Blitz Return Flow FMIC
Nismo FPR
Splitfire Coilpacks
Walbro 460LPH
Turbosmart PB BOV
Stock airbox
Haltech Platinum Pro
BP98
As with the dyno graph above, 289RWKW and 550NM torque. The car feels so nice to drive seriously just pulls and pulls and pulls.
Had an issue with smoking, turns out the A/C pipe was sitting on the dump pipe (whoops) This is because the rear housing is larger than the factory one. As I mentioned above Adam said that the wastegate actuator is pretty bad, it's not holding boost very well at all. So I'll look at putting a turbosmart one in the future.
The back story is that it turns out that my ECU is not in fact a Nistune ECU like I was told. Adam at JEM went to flash it and it wouldn't take, pulled open the ECU and no Nistune board so we went Haltech Platinum Pro.
Edited by kingtube69

Nistune is meant to be problematic on 33's so its probably a blessing that the board wasn't installed. The graph has torque displayed as foot pounds which makes it well over 600nm. That's huge. What exactly is wrong with the actuator? Looks to be holding boosting OK on the graph but maybe blowing open early hence the additional lag.

Nistune is meant to be problematic on 33's so its probably a blessing that the board wasn't installed. The graph has torque displayed as foot pounds which makes it well over 600nm. That's huge. What exactly is wrong with the actuator? Looks to be holding boosting OK on the graph but maybe blowing open early hence the additional lag.

Stao said it was a 20PSI actuator, opens on gate pressure at 10psi the tuner said its a bit laggier because of it - Thank you for pointing out that its in ftlb I thought it was NM so that makes it 750NM shit, thats crazy. Really when driving it, the lag isn't too bad it revs up fast enough that its not overly noticeable. Glad i went Haltech also, I have a tablet PC so it would be pretty easy to just flip it to a tablet mode and plug it into the Haltech to have a look.

Already building a list of new parts etc, I'll start buying in a few weeks.

FMIC (Plazmanan maybe?)

FFP 100% Plazmaman

Will get JEM to do the installs of both while there I'll get eflex setup and also get launch control setup on the Haltech

Also going to buy wheels, coilovers and a new diff/shimmed diff but I'll do all that myself.

I also need to get a bolt repaired for my crossmember but that can wait till I get my license back in under 14 days now.

• 2 weeks later...

Been driving since Monday now.

The car goes really really really well - Much better than I expected.

Idle is a bit rough when the car is warm, not too sure what the cause is but I'll check with the tuner when it goes back in for E85 in the coming months.

Diff is just as noisy as I ever remember, booming and clunking quite frequently

With the "flash" rains in Sydney the day before last, I noticed a massive pool of water in my foot well, which has now made the car stink FFS. I need to track this down before it rains again next week.

I'll head out and take some pictures this weekend for those interested. Also going to the Skyline meet tomorrow night and hope to see some of you guys there.