SAU Community

R32 Gtst - Track Car

bcozican

😄 get on it !  you've covered it 

I get told I dont post enough blaa blaa. im not really a 'poster' so came up with that 

but it is actually very nice bit of gear - and hopefully as close to bomb proof as possible without going 9 " billet spec

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:05 AM, bcozican said:

😄 get on it !  you've covered it 

I get told I dont post enough blaa blaa. im not really a 'poster' so came up with that 

but it is actually very nice bit of gear - and hopefully as close to bomb proof as possible without going 9 " billet spec

Tis a good spec, where do I order mine???

• 1 month later...

got me a new thiccc boi plazmaman intercooler - been running a 500 x 300 x 76 PWR with 2.5" outlets to date its been great just never thought Id be pushing higher hp numbers around 600hp and IAT's getting up there especially in Perth where its always a million degrees. Also new engine I'll prob be pushing the hp numbers also so this should do the job still 500 x 300 but x 100 and 3" inlet / outlet - this will go on straight away

Plazmaman.thumb.jpg.c72c9145837151d995acf75c2b9de9df.jpg

Also accumulation of parts for the new engine - giving the new rb Artec manifold a go with Vband so no more warped flanges, better alternator and a coupla other little bits

1402724487_Artecprp.thumb.jpg.0af698f8ee3d5eae9dfc63b509783b64.jpg

For new engine just need head finished and waiting on turbo as have to run a reverse rotation version

Car itself now is close to being on track again - few cosmetic things being done atm , ABS is in Motec dash all setup lots and lots of little bits done from suspension settings and new suspension bolts to seating positions and all that stuff maybe 6ish week to go before on track testing again

• Like 6

they do actually look pretty good to be honest and being cast no cracks - no that my 6boost ever did just warped flanges

I am going to try my hardest to come over for WTAC yes - its a big time effort and $ for anyone anywhere being in Perth its even a little bit more so but hopefully

• Like 2

Id say the hype is just the modern day promo spill you are seeing everywhere atm, 6 boost etc obviously dont need to pump themselves up these days i wouldnt think - the actual - I wanted to go V band to get away from warped mani flanges and had a heap of stuff coming form PRP and got asked if I wanted to run one of these. Accounts from a persons opinion, that I actually care about, they are said to be pretty good in terms of flow and boost management 

Good to know about intercooler only heard good things from a few over here that have made the change I initially was going with the 76mm then as engine things changed and future power goals accelerated changed to the thicker one

Reverse rotation is just the packaging required for clearance on the artec mani - they are no different by all accounts accept for that - bit annoying tbh but hey im here now 

Edited by bcozican

You'll make more power than I did so thicker wont hurt, we only ran 380rwkw through mine.

It was more that the inlet temps dropped (vs stock core) and we could hit 4-5 times on the dyno before we were seeing even a tiny bit of heat sock. 

That was spinning 2x -9s reasonably firmly, a big single will be far more efficient too.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

getting the car going again and back on track has been slower than expected and wanted now its getting critical time to get it rolling so now there is a big rush = motorsport right

The ABS in in and setup - g sensor shown - take a bit to tweek

626173154_ABSGsensors.thumb.jpg.5fc0f1c40d1ba9ece19e673ce7b6f347.jpg

The new PWR rad and Plasmaman I/C installed - dyno testing and first time on the track and its proven both in power, efficiency and temp control to be a winning combo atm

1069151975_ICin.thumb.jpg.2f4b6318aa1efdc12851ec2e3e47acd1.jpg

Kept popping silicone and been meaning to do it forever finally got around to putting proper clamps on piping no more boost leaks or splitting

Clamps.thumb.jpg.4a2940e18cc7fb83c411bdc55d9817d2.jpg

Got proper seat rails fabbed up this has made a massive difference to comfort and control in the car

239343689_Seatrails.thumb.jpg.5f75fdb08a35d693c13b470f1aac6c7e.jpg

we did a complete from scratch over hall of the suspension setup all arms came out, adjusted to equal length, changes bolts, reset compression and droop etc - this has led to a higher ride height so have to get the splitter etc reset to a lower level this is being done now

1090468128_SuspensionChanges.thumb.jpg.85c84668979fa45f1c68b6f3f31fcc9f.jpg

Along the way you might see now there is some new shiney and lighter parts on the car - more to come 

1026867643_CarbonRoof.thumb.jpg.cd726660f8fb24f3c70ca4752e203f35.jpg

289670715_CarbonDoors.thumb.jpg.32f9879170e63d7583df8c0463b99d73.jpg

Given the time constraints of getting the car back on track I havent been able to get the head build to sit on top of the billet engine, really wish I couldve got it done, but alas. I'll spare you the massive back and forth dramas getting this dyno'd but It got done 

473980671_Latenightdyno.thumb.jpg.fc4bc05acecb92bca9c25d3b92c62b5a.jpg

Finally got to the track and after more dramas got sorted from remote assistance and belted around for 2 sessions in traffic - no fast laps reallyand alot to get up to speed on very quickly so got to get as much seat time as I can asap but good to get out there

That night went home and washed the car straight to spono car show night which is getting pretty big and awesome now.

Car is mismatched atm - thats getting sorted very soon

1099319059_Carshow.thumb.jpg.fee158e7caf400a4c054693080278972.jpg

2147134815_Carshowenginebay.thumb.jpg.ff3cf1512e773f58be987ab67bf2c0e9.jpg

...........  end scene

• Like 2

9.3kg from roof and exactly 10kg a side saved compared to my gutted metal doors so 30kg all up

Its amazing how many kgs creeps back in though with bigger this and that and safety etc 😳 

Yeop. Nearly all the suspension arms had been messed with so much over the years they were all out pretty much

Edited by bcozican
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Komdotkom said:

Great build mate, not much left to upgrade now. I'm just waiting for the billet VR38/4wd/Spaceframe/Active areo updates which are the logical next step....

Looking forward to your feedback on the Bosch ABS.

Thanks mate

Already have the billet to go in soon its just rb2.7 😄

No to 4wd lol, not allowed space frame or active aero so I can save money there hahaha

Only been out twice with the car now both in the dry obviously - ABS you set it up with the ABS off how you want it - turn it one knob on. Any more than that on a good track it ruins your braking I think

From quick analysis Its doesnt make you brake any better as such but it allows you to push your braking harder to test the limits and if you go too far it 'saves' you from locking up or binning it 

• Like 3