SAU Community

R32 Gtst - Track Car

bcozican

Finished installing all new stuff last night ... bar the new rims that are not here yet and front splitter in progress

i'll go get a wheel alignment and have a few tuning sessions to see how it goes

MCA recommended 11kg front and 5kg rear springs based on details I gave them about the car and tracks I run. We have more point and shoot tracks not a lot of high speed cornering unfortunately :angry: so he suggested a softer spring rate than usually apparently ... i'll go with what they say for obvious reasons and only $50 / per spring to change if necessary

from jumping up and down n the front and back of the car which I know is a highly sophisticated testing mechanism ...lol.. they are far stiffer and progressive than what was in there previously

Finished installing all new stuff last night ... bar the new rims that are not here yet and front splitter in progress

i'll go get a wheel alignment and have a few tuning sessions to see how it goes

MCA recommended 11kg front and 5kg rear springs based on details I gave them about the car and tracks I run. We have more point and shoot tracks not a lot of high speed cornering unfortunately :angry: so he suggested a softer spring rate than usually apparently ... i'll go with what they say for obvious reasons and only $50 / per spring to change if necessary

from jumping up and down n the front and back of the car which I know is a highly sophisticated testing mechanism ...lol.. they are far stiffer and progressive than what was in there previously

MCA do a top job and you will be happy with the Reds... I just drove mine for the first time on the weekend with them and they were great!

We are altering the spring rates on mine but not by much :)

• Like 1

howd you go with your first crack at decent aero ??

which bit you changing front or rear ?

ive opted for cheaper version first as I know i'll prob smash it lol

Aero was all set to neutral and power set to low while we get the suspension sorted :) In terms of spring rates i am waiting to hear back, will likely be the front and rear by a touch!

I have already hit the ground with the carbon splitter as my old BC's were useless haha

my BCs are bent. im looking for new struts atm - MCA worth the dosh say over bilsteins?

Keen to hear spring rates too bro :)

MCAs are getting amazing reviews James. Ask Matt @ Wooten if he tested his reds out yet.

^^ interesting you say Bilsteins also

the s14 next to mine in my garage is full setup 500hp 2j has $4500 worth of custom bilsteins in it... absolutely awesome to drive (and co drive in which is more often)

I know they are different cars etc etc but when we get mine on the track we'll both be driving both cars will be interesting to compare certain things...

other option was KW variant 3's but at $4000 odd I still prob would've gone to MCA golds for that coin for tried and proven etc

• 2 weeks later...

New rims arrived ... I gotta say although I like nice rims etc Ive never really been a 'wheel guy'... but I admit I like these :yes:

Also started working on the splitter, very trial and error. Im making it up based off what Ive seen others do and putting bits of ideas together

Sits 65mm off the ground - 185 wide, those tabs on the side are yet to be bent up. its 120mm leading edge from the airdam

The airdam is large with no lip on the GTR bar and few aesthetic bend in there I don't like but hey its a version I and my first go

The honeycombe ally core stuff with .5m ally either side is very light and strong... I don't know how it relates to anything else people make but I just have to fit the mounting points up to the chassis and I'm at total weight of 6.1kg so prob get away with about 7.XX all up

Its very strong as a complete unit and fits on like a glove, which is great

Any thoughts suggestions or input welcome !

post-41809-0-88875700-1461887627_thumb.jpeg

post-41809-0-50609800-1461887876_thumb.jpg

post-41809-0-16761100-1461887889_thumb.jpg

post-41809-0-59040400-1461887899_thumb.jpg

Edited by bcozican
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

first roll out with a lot of the new stuff on Friday arvo for a tuning session ... car should be fairly different to drive Id imagine, but don't know maybe not.. we will see

I think the splitter thing is worth a go for not much coin and just some hours toiling away - can only give it a go to learn

sh*t pics and all but front splitter nearly complete just some tidying up to do

post-41809-0-60050900-1462935723_thumb.jpg

post-41809-0-58715600-1462935765_thumb.jpg

Edited by bcozican

Looks pretty good. Interested to see how much of a difference it makes.

+1, I'm keen to do some flat undertray DIY aero at some point, this is a great inspiration!

• Like 1

MCA spring update will come on the 29th of this month when i test the new rates... Will try remember to post in here for you guys! Dont want to hijack your thread but seems relevant to your build ;)

• Like 2

Yeah go for it more info the better I think... good luck and let us know how you go.

Well first time out at tuning session yesterday everything mostly went well. Its a point and shoot track with only 1 high speed straight and corner the rest is twisty.

The car was very balanced the splitter didnt break haha and basically just has a few scrape marks on the bottom of it which tells me the ride height of it all is pretty spot on

Biggest thing I noticed so far was the braking.... the new combo massively shortens braking distance. But whether this is because Im carrying less terminal speed because the front is now a big brick or just the new suspension,splitter, is helping obviously unknown at this stage as all this is just seat of the pants but feels like the later for sure

Had an issue with brake fluid spat out of the new bmc.. it doesnt seem to be leaking anywhere under pressure but it spat from max level to half way down.....maybe cap leaking?? Or just too full and pressurised with higher temps?? Anyone had similar please throw me a suggestion so will look at that

Also will need to run some brake ducting blanking everything off the front is cool and all but brakes cook easily

Overall reasonably successful first test I think and going in the right direction

Edited by bcozican
  • Like 1

I think Ive said this before, but I love seeing updates on this. Makes me want to go make my heap of crap better! Keep it up.

Seat of the pants is usually right anyways. ;)

Edited by R31 drift pig
  • Like 1

Biggest thing I noticed so far was the braking.... the new combo massively shortens braking distance.

Had an issue with brake fluid spat out of the new bmc.. it doesnt seem to be leaking anywhere under pressure but it spat from max level to half way down.....maybe cap leaking?? Or just too full and pressurised with higher temps?? Anyone had similar please throw me a suggestion so will look at that

You mentioned some new 2 piece Project Mu rotors but that was it? So what else has gone into the braking system?