SAU Community

Front Lower Control Arm Rear Bush

hutchwilco

Gotta replace these for a warrant, see the bush at the far right of the photo: post-93528-14181830067647_thumb.jpg

Nissan want $150 per side for the whole arm, I found a supplier locally of v35 skyline bushings (think they are Thailand NOK) part no. Bu129 for the same arm-$66 each. Anyone know if these are the same for m35s?

Advice for pressing these in?

Obviously I have seen the 'Febest' brand versions on eBay and Amazon for US$25, but a little wary of the quality at that price- anyone have dealings w the cheaper bushes lurking on the net?

Cheers

Edited by hutchwilco

This bush is well known for wearing out, I've got superpro caster bushes installed. The kit was probably $120? Was around $200 total after install. V35 I believe use the same part as well as Z33?

Easier to get a workshop to do it. A press will be needed.

Just as an FYI, this has been covered quite a few times. I understand that searching can be time consuming but the information and part numbers are about. Also checking the superpro website will also give you generic diagrams of which bush is which.

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/340283-worn-control-arm-bushes-whats-that/

• Like 1

This bush is well known for wearing out, I've got superpro caster bushes installed. The kit was probably $120? Was around $200 total after install. V35 I believe use the same part as well as Z33?

Easier to get a workshop to do it. A press will be needed.

Just as an FYI, this has been covered quite a few times. I understand that searching can be time consuming but the information and part numbers are about. Also checking the superpro website will also give you generic diagrams of which bush is which.

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/340283-worn-control-arm-bushes-whats-that/

Yep you have point that there is a bit info on here, but I only found the good stuff once I realised I should search by 'compression rod'.

I am also keen to learn the pull press process as I usually prefer doing as much myself as I can, as a general rule.

Think what I'll do is pull both arms off and take them into a shop with my bushes and get them swapped over. Tricky trying to get it done when the stags my only daily.

Edited by hutchwilco