SAU Community

V-Spec Diff Swap 4Wd Problem

Pezhead

Michael, looks like I owe you a round. I rotated the sensors and ran around the block where the error used to show in first 100 meters.

Now I need to change the connector on the old sensors and the reinstall.

Thanks!

• Like 1

So checked the resistance on the sensors. R33 were 1.3k ohm and the R32 were 2.1k ohm. So I opted to make some 90 degree adapter plates instead of swapping the connector to put the R32 ones in.

Fingers crossed that this finally sorted it out.

Also the bolt thread are in the A-LSD half shafts where the non are in the CV

Most people would just put the diff in with the sensors that came with it so it probably hasn't been an issue yet :/

Yeah my A-LSD stopped working once I put the LSD up front, which I found out at SMSP-S last year :(

Yeah that'd be why - most just swap the entire diff.

lol - Is there ANYONE with a v-spec who hasn't gone through that agonising experience? :D

• Like 1

Well I can confirm that the sensors have sorted out my dramas. The car ran all day Saturday at the Nulon nationals without a single Attesa error. All the rear 1.5 way goodness really helped on the wet Skidpan.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/13/2015 at 11:37 AM, Pezhead said:

Yup changed my half shafts cause the alsd diff is so much wider.

What shafts did you end up using? Did you get non v-spec R33 ones. I'm just about to go through this conversion now. I have an R32 GTR diff that I am installing

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 10:06 PM, Deano45 said:

What shafts did you end up using? Did you get non v-spec R33 ones. I'm just about to go through this conversion now. I have an R32 GTR diff that I am installing

Yup, ended up picking up some non V-Spec R33 GTR shafts and chucking the V-Spec ones.