SAU Community

Open Source Rb Trigger Kit

murrayis

Thanks guys for all the feedback overnight and PM's.

The reason for not going for 12 trigger points is some ECU's cannot keep up with the count, Yes I know with less if the count is lost it takes longer to regain the position however with only 6 points their is alot less chance of losing the count as the ecu can keep up.

Link G4 keeps up with 32

pretty impressive and informative - ta

Would be interested for RB26.

Having not looked into or thought about this, prior to this thread, is there any aftermarket kits available/recommended?

I'd like to support "murrayis" if made available for the RB26.

Having not looked into or thought about this, prior to this thread, is there any aftermarket kits available/recommended?

Ross do a crank trigger kit for RBs,

Includes balancer, sensor and trigger wheel..

Just need an available input for the ecu

I've got one, just need to make sure the sensor is positioned correctly

Yea Once I have everything sorted I'll do up a group buy. I've secured some machining prices from China... yes I know but it comes down to cost and have ordered some samples to check quality.

I've just started machining my set because I am impatient and it doesn't cost me anything :)

About 10 minutes in with close to 2 hours to go:

post-23119-0-35369200-1419899625_thumb.jpg

More progress pics to come.

theres a few around, one kit in qld(ONO 747 vl runs one)pics on this forum somewhere, one in vic(sticks sell them) and one in s.a just finished,

(pro gtr motorsport) plus ross,theres probally , no doubt theres others i don't know about

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

The idea around my items is to be affordable for the DIY'er who can work around mounting them him/her self. The kit should work fine on all the dual cam RB series - As I only have a rb20 and a rb25 to test on this will confirm but I don't see many potential issues as they all use the same oil pump and cam gear sizes.

Thanks Joey

I'm sure I have read where a few peeps have gone the Ross Blancer and trigger and had issues.

Not blaming Ross as it maybe how it's set up. (throwing belts?)

Could be totally off the mark too :/

Yep I've heard of people throwing belts, I was making over 420rwkw and I only threw a belt once in over 10,000km of driving. Maybe installation issues? Not sure

Looks really good.

Ross one seems so expensive and ive never had an issue so never really considered it. This looks like it has a lot of potential. I could probably get the ross trigger wheel seen as I already have the balancer

Must be nice having that gear at your disposal. Id love to be able to make a CAD drawing and then just make it happen lol

It is great having toys to mess with to make little things that you can;t just buy. I converted my Mill to cnc over the past year and these are really the only full thing I have completed so far for a purpose.

Finally finished the Cam bracket just a little time ago. Didn't run through the finishing passes as these are just for me so the finish is rough :)

post-23119-0-98593900-1419921796_thumb.jpg post-23119-0-36655000-1419921799_thumb.jpg

I have the ross 32-2 teeth setup with the standard CAS for phasing

There are plenty of kits floating around the world ATM, but it is always good to see someone else's approach to this issue

You just use the input that would normally read the crank angle output from the factory CAS, it just has to be programable

I have thrown 3 Gates belts so far the last of which lasted less then 2 hours, fitted it drove to dyno then it couldn't take the power and decided to spread it self around the engine bay, I then had to drive the bastard home with no PS on 275/35/19 front tyres :(

Funny thing is I stopped at Autopro on my way home from work to get another belt or three but they only had there own elcheapo belt in that size and I needed to turn the car around so I grabbed it got home fitted it then went and got three Gates belts, well one full trackday and a spirited drive up putty and back plus a few thousand Ks later the elcheapo belt is still on there in perfect nick :/