SAU Community

Open Source Rb Trigger Kit

murrayis

I regards to the 12 trigger wheel I was involved with some bench testing of a hall effect 24 tooth wheel as opposed to a 24 tooth using the stock cas optical sensor and concluded that the optical sensor was the issue rather than the 24 tooth resolution. We spun it up to 6000 rpm on a drill and rev synch captured on a motec, halech and microtech and notice a significantly cleaner signal and square waveform rather than the pyramiding pattern that we saw on the optical sensor. There were also no changes in edge order(skipping triggers). Using a 12 trigger would be no issue based on the observations as the 6000 rpm on the 24 wheel would he equivalent to spinning a 12 trigger wheel at 12000 rpm. Hope this helps.

This is the setup I've been running on my sohc 30 (we braced the bracket up after that pic). Ran a autronic 6-1 chopper disc in cas for cam sync. Went from not being able to rev past 4000, to revving out cleanly to 7. Plus just running smoother all round.

Currently building a 30neo, am I able to replace the disc in the Neo cas?post-78438-0-01277500-1419929375_thumb.jpg

I love seeing home grown innovation! Great work on having a crack at it Murrayis! If you do end up selling it I'm sure you'll sell a bucket load of them!

Huzqld whilst looking slightly agricultural I'm sure yours works perfect too, good job!

Now hurry up and get a kit on the market you blokes before I convince myself to buy the Ross kit @ $2000!

Ill have the first sample batch next week I hope.

Anyone wanting to support the project I can work out a special price for the first run :)

I'm hoping to get the per unit cost to around $90 so the brackets for $180 and sensors around $70 each then all youll need is the chopper wheel and wiring

Cheap cheap

Too cheap, mate you're more than entitled to add some intellectual property value into them, nobody should be expected to put the work into designing something without making a return! You've put the effort in, reward yourself at least a little!

Nah I've taken so much from the community over the years :) time to give back!

Honestly the per unit cost to land them is roughly $50 so plenty in it.

I dont want to make money out of this, the idea is to give to those who want but cannot do!

I've been building my rb24 for 8 years and been dicked around so much you shpuld not have to go through that.

I would suggest contacting Matt at Nistune and asking him if it would be possible to modify the code to accept your sensors. It might not be possible without some sort of interface box to make the waveforms look more like what the optical trigger puts out......but it might be doable. That could/would expand your market space a lot, and make a lot of Nistune users pretty happy too.

You could also look into doing a version with more teeth for those ECUs that will handle it.

I would suggest contacting Matt at Nistune and asking him if it would be possible to modify the code to accept your sensors. It might not be possible without some sort of interface box to make the waveforms look more like what the optical trigger puts out......but it might be doable. That could/would expand your market space a lot, and make a lot of Nistune users pretty happy too.

You could also look into doing a version with more teeth for those ECUs that will handle it.

Nope makes no difference the only thing to check is the signal voltage, you just have to make sure you use the correct signal wire off the cas if you want to use the factory loom and the other wire off the cas for your tdc cam trigger. That's it and done

You're too humble but that's up to you!!

If you had the time and inclination it would be brilliant to have brackets made that suit all of the more common balancers- Ross, ATI, etc. Most of the common balancers can be ordered with the trigger wheel as an option so they could be made to suit that. A lot easier to bolt on a trigger wheel than having to machine slots into a $700 balancer!

Anyway, good job on giving back to the SAU community, you're a top bloke for it!