SAU Community

C210/C211 Skylines

hmmm...pics?

rust condition?

OK.

I'm currently living in Darwin and the car is in Kalgoorlie, so pics may be a bit hard...I'll be going to KAL soon so I can get some for you then, It's an ex Canberra car, so the body is pretty much rust free HOWEVER there are a heap of stone chips on the roof, from the truck ride over from the east which have bubbled up...(yuck!) I have 5 - 14 inch alloys (+ 4 more spare I'll throw in)

Interior was re done ~ 4 years ago and it has a 2inch exhaust with extractors.....

Know faults;

Blown head gaskit, car still runs though..

one of the bolts into the head for the inlet manifold got stripped and had to be heli-coiled. Tyres were new (3years ago) but are probably stuffed by now.

its Orange and the paint has oxidized (looks good after a polish) but I'b be inclined to strip it and do a respray, or, given the low cost of 210's get another body, pull the good bits of this one, (o-ring the block) and re-assemble. This motor was a beut and the car looks like something your granny would drive, it was a great sleeper...

If I were going to fix her up I'd be inclined to fit an RB six and forget about the L28, but, each to his own....

does anyone have the weight figures for a c210/c211? how much "removeable" weight do they have? (electrics etc)? don't suppose a rough guess at weigh without motor.

looking for a project car that i hope to use in improved production, but im going to be pushing shit up hill if they are just too heavy to start with

iirc mine weighs 1210 with nothing removed and a lard-ass 253 and celica steelcase(heavy box)......but i am about to strip mine to give it a ground up rebuild and I'll post any info as i get it

i bought a local c210 on the weekend (see my other thread)

elrohir: which wreckers was it at? one of the ones along the warrego? Apparently theres a wrecker in brisbane with 3 of these cars...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey peoples, i'm from victoria and i drive a '78 datsun skyline c210 sedan with a 280zx engine fitted with gas, air and p/steering. its and everyday driver since 78 and is coming up to 400000k's (there is actally only 5 digits on my dial but it has been recorded to have been round 3 times already.) it has been garaged all its life except for 3 years when my parents first got it and when it went to perth for a family holiday (towed 600kg trailer the whole way!) in victoria skyline parts of that vintage don't hang around very long. so i'v been heading to country victoria to find some. in benalla (anout 6/7 hours drive from sydney) there is a wrecker i don't know what he has but i can't contact him because i don't have the number. i was hoping that some of you guys in sydney and qld, would be able to help me find some perfect bumper ends both sides front and back and a perfect (or near perfect) front bumper with good rubber strips and a good rubber strip for the back. or even if i can be pointed in the right direction. i can force a weekend for a long trip to sydney to collect parts. but this is great what you guys are doing here, having a forum for us to find stuff and get advice from people who know.

Cheers, James

i was hoping that some of you guys in sydney and qld, would be able to help me find some perfect bumper ends both sides front and back and a perfect (or near perfect) front bumper with good rubber strips and a good rubber strip for the back.

parts for these cars are pretty hard to find anywhere, but ill keep and ear out for you.

• 1 month later...

Here are 2 pics of the car, they are almost 1 year old, hes got an RB30 N/A motor with a haltec. Wish i could have convinced him to put a turbo on it!!

Thought this thred might like these.

The old with the new.. Love it

post-22724-1124194127.jpg

post-22724-1124194191.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i own a 78 C210 Skyline and i found this thread n had to say somthing, its so hard to find info on these things anywhere.

Anyways i was just wondering if some could tell me how much shes worth or if anyones interested in buying it.

It a 78 four door it had a L28 with 5 speed put in which has only done 30,000kms the rest of the cars only done 140,000kms i got it after an old lady bought it brand new, its got all reciepts and books there and the interior and exterior is in very good condition! its colour is that ugly browny gold colour.

If any one could help me out that would be a huge help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, i own a 1973 c110 coupe, im down in Melbourn and as "hot_c210" it is a huge pain to get parts down here, thankfuly xsept fro the rust my baby's all there, just got two Questions for all here, 1. has anyone done a straight gas conversion to the L24's? i was after feed back on the after math, secondly, does any one have some interior parts up for grabs? Thanks All! :P

• 5 weeks later...
Hey all, i own a 1973 c110 coupe, im down in Melbourn and as "hot_c210" it is a huge pain to get parts down here, thankfuly xsept fro the rust my baby's all there, just got two Questions for all here, 1. has anyone done a straight gas conversion to the L24's? i was after feed back on the after math, secondly, does any one have some interior parts up for grabs? Thanks All! :P

doing a gas conversoin is not too bad as my dad found out but he had it on dual fuel. whats needed is a landi converter. theyre the best for that size engine. also u'll need some high temperature spark leads. (performance ones work the best) and high performance spark plugs. (thats if u want to get as much out of the engine) also ur distributor will need to be advanced about 9 degrees from the factory position and a gas research carbie will need to be sourced. (it is actually possible to convert a 38 weber it costs around $150. it depends on where u go) and a modified cylinder head (so hardened valve seats etc) but otherwise good luck with the conversion mastadd. and the first month is where u have all the teething problems.

P.s. PM me if u want to see photos of my gas conversion. (dual fuel)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just came across this site. I have been looking for years for some enthusiasts with old Skylines and it seems you guys know your stuff. I own two C210's, one being the stock standard model released in '78, the other is, as far as I know, the first and only one officially brought out here by Nissan. It's a 1977 GT NAPS and made it's appearance at the 1977 Melbourne motor show before they released them here in '78. Have been told by people running the show that they have pics of my car new, but as yet have not got any out of them, however I have been told that it does exist and it's still in almost original condition( it's had a L28 put in it with a Holley attatched). However, I do have the original engine which still ran fine when taken out a few years ago. When I get a bit more familiar with the site I will post some pics for everyone. Anyhow, great to see some people still value the old girls as I've found mine reliable as hell. Keep up the good work and if anyone wants to chat that's great. I only check my mail every couple of days but I will respond. Cheers