SAU Community

2015 Sau Vic Iracing Championship

Tony Olsson

What's with the ford randomly over steering massively mid corner! Was scary to push it

Says the owner of a daily driven 370rwkw ford...

• Like 1

the championship is fixed setup, but practice by yourself you can tune them. but its pretty counter-productive if you have to go back to fixed setup when racing.

Most of the "novelty" cars you cant much beyond tyre pressure and camber. The Jetta is an example. FWD FTW. would have come first last night by like 30secs if i had that beast :P

Yeh I adjusted brake bias in practice, then checked settings in the actual race and couldn't touch it all fixed

I saw you spin out at like the turn 4 hairpin did lol :P

Game is pre hard to get used to, definitely cant just throw it around like forza

Edited by UNR33L

I think its pretty good, it's hard and more serious racing compared to other games out there.

Still yet to buy Project cars.. deciding on platform

• 2 weeks later...

The spec racer ford has a tonne of lift off oversteer. You correct it by getting very slightly on the throttle when you suspect the rear's going to get loose.

Basically to get the most out of it, the way to go is either left foot braking + a smidge of accelerator, or just wuss out and brake in a straight line, heh

• 2 weeks later...

I presume were running the Summit Point Raceway configuration for tonights round?

thats right, summit point. Unless stated otherwise consider it full track config each round :)

An hour till practice! Think I'll be needing this extra hour to practice as well!!! Hope to see a few of you on track tonight, summit point is a great track and the racing should be fun!!! See you there from 8pm :)

So another round over and done with, and what a race it was! After 20 laps I was exhausted!!!

Anyways here are the results from the race -

11334157_10154031025974386_2476048245063

Prac and Qualifying -

11334022_10154031025969386_7357860748882

And here are the standings for the season thus far -

11407138_10154031025944386_6070696805610

Thanks a heap for a great race everyone, was more than fun!!! See you all next month for Round 7 :)

• Like 1

I had a bit of gf agro after inviting her over then realizing I had a race on so had to bail early lol

Gary sorry about the nudge on turn 1 dive, couldn't pull it up!

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I think the pic in the first post is another car, and post 7 is OP's car with standard arms and swaybar swaybar swaybar. I can't tell what brand the silver coilovers are, and even if I could I don't know whether the spring rate is OK, if you can find a brand on the shocks and numbers on the springs that might help. Also, if you can measure the ride height from centre of your wheel to the guard that will help with advice too as handling suffers if ride height is too low
    • sadly, pics no work. that car must have spent a lot of time in a cryo bubble
    • In the first photo you posted, the colour of the control arms are the signature colour for Ikeya. Same for the swaybar, signature colour for Whiteline.  I like Hardrace, they also do hardened rubber bushes if your car is mainly a street car.  I like GKTech as well, but they use a lot of rose joints in their stuff so might not be the best choice for everyone.  The system might have been good back in its day, but it's a prehistoric system now. I suspect that most people have removed the HICAS as they want the car to do what they want to do, not what the car wants to do. From what I also understand, it isn't consistent in it's behaviour on track so it's hard to trust the car/know where its absolute limits are for track use.  Having said that, I think the HICAS eliminator kit was the first thing I installed when I bought my car. I don't personally have any experience with the HICAS system on a race track.  
    • Thanks for the info. Didn’t know I had aftermarket control arms already? Will talk to my garage. What brand would u recommend if I want to play around with my camber more? I would think my camber is around stock level right now or more negative now due to lowering with coilovers. I will be lower her again 1.5 cm to get some more.    also why does everyone like to remove the hicas system? Is it because most don’t work properly anymore or ppl just don’t like them. Mine is functioning as it should be right now.    thanks for the good info 
    • It looks like you've got Ikeya control arms and an aftermarket sway bar, maybe whiteline?  Or am I just going crazy? lol Unfortunately it won't, but what it will do is look really pretty. That's about all unfortunately.  How much neg camber do you currently have? Generally lowing the car dials in quite a bit of neg camber as it is. If you do go down this path, your best bet is get adjustable arms, toe arms (or preferably a good HICAS elimination kit) and traction rods. With all 3 being adjustable, you'll be able to dial out any bump steer that is introduced by playing with the camber settings.