SAU Community

R32 Engine And Dash Wiring

Tenny

Hey guys,

I have no headlights, taillights, indicators, interior lights or dash lights. (battery light will come on when I switch the headlight switch - but will remain on until the battery is disconnected)

I do not have the two green ECU relays in currently..but have tested with friends and the same issue persists.

I have checked all under dash fuses...all good. Not sure about engine bay fuses though.

I have taken some photos of some plugs that I cannot find homes for..could you guys take a look at them and tell me what they are for?

THANKYOU FOR UNDERSTANDING I AM YOUNG AND THIS IS ALL PRETTY NEW TO ME HENCE I AM A CAR NOOB.

ZdnW5X9.jpg

This splices out from the starter motor / alternator loom. Can't find anywhere to plug it into the alt?

vSFCT8K.jpg

These two plugs are coming out of the fuse box...no where for them to be plugged in?

XGYrTHv.jpg

These two plugs seem to be related to the headlights..but once again nothing to plug into?

R5WENwR.jpg

These two plugs again seem to be near the headlights..any clue?

hwwN8wa.jpg

I believe one plug is for the power steering reservoir which has been cut on mine, but the other two don't seem to have a place?

y1RJl3T.jpg

Again, not sure what this plug does / where it goes.

kng6ak4.jpg

This last plug looks important..but again no luck in finding where it goes. Help would be greatly greatly appreciated please :D

Fuark Maaate - good luck. Shoulda kept walking and kept your money.

Grab someone who has a 32 GTS-t and experience to help spend time sorting it. Park side by side

Who ever did that mess should of labelled when pulling plugs n cables etc...

Rusty as.

Good experience tho

Ps. Some plugs don't have a mate

Edited by Sinista32

The car was a rolling shell. I haven't touched any of the body loom..but I have put the engine loom and engine in myself.

Oh and as for the rust, that's the only place in the whole shell that has rust, so I'm not worried. Already got a plate to tack in there.

Green cable looks like the one connected to the ignition barrel. The one off it could be for the Ring that lights up the barrel ?

The one near the fuse box is that for consult ?

Edited by Sinista32

In Picture 1 and 2 you seem to be missing a resistor which attaches to the body.

Two of those plugs connect to it and a third which splices off it is not used.

Sort of like the Low impedance resistor for the injectors on the RB26

Edited by Sinista32

Cheers thanks man. I took two more pics.

First pic is another plug that I have no bloody clue what it is. I somehow missed it before. Any idea?

Second pic is where that resistor is supposed to go. Doesn't look like anything has ever been there on this car, although it could be mounted further back.

PS. Thanks for helping man, I really appreciate it.

post-135261-0-77835400-1420201048_thumb.jpg

post-135261-0-88173500-1420201050_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tenny

More pics..

That is the resistor for the injectors or coilpacks (not sure which one?)

and the second pic is the ignitor plugged in. As you can see there is also a plug on top of the ignitor with nothing in it..

post-135261-0-39245900-1420203045_thumb.jpg

post-135261-0-56253800-1420203047_thumb.jpg

I made a quick video that might explain the problem a little bit better.

So basically, no ignition lights or power to anything else in the car. Windows, all lights, indicators.

Car will turn over when key is turned, but fuel pump is not priming and possibly no spark. Is it possible this is being caused by something that isn't earthed? I have tried looking for all earths and grounding them to the chassis / engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV3BmF8Auuo&feature=youtu.be

Cheers guys.

The silver resister box is the resistor for the air reg. Air reg will close from engine bay heat anyway.

The plugs under the steering column, where you're holding one wire, I'm guessing you've got a turbo timer loom there.

If so I'd chuck the turbo timer and associated plug-in-loom, then things will look much better.

Thanks.

I don't actually have a turbo timer, but it's possible there was one in it years ago. This still should not stop all power besides those few lights in the video?