SAU Community

R33gtr Drag Car

Ryan1200

Neil my fabricator did the conversion for me he spent quite sometime looking for the correct bits from the wrecking yard ect. The pic and the info i posted gives you a starting point for the bits to look for but if you wanted him to do a conversion for you just need to send him the GTR parts and he will send you back the bits fabricated ready for install. Last person that asked he said $400. Sorry i couldn't be more help. If you want his details let me know. cheers

No mate you have been more than helpful,,,just knowing it can be done is great news in itself. Looks like I'm off to the wreckers as well to work it out.

Have fun piloting your missile.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

Few little hold up's on the engine install so we decided to shed some fat from the flex plate.

post-20010-0-30320400-1431426539_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow ill know final weight but the machinist cad program estimated we removed 1.5kg from 6kg total. :cheers:

post-20010-0-33982800-1431426971_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Engines in progressing slowly but surely.

post-20010-0-62134900-1432285683_thumb.jpg

post-20010-0-45130700-1432285775_thumb.jpg

Completed wheel with terminated bulk head connector.

post-20010-0-95973300-1432285799_thumb.jpg

Speedflow bill this week :spank:

To avoid any problems associated with ethanol sitting in the fuel system for long periods we rigged up a fuel drain. The process will be drain the main tank add 98octane unleaded then connect into this quick disconnect fitting, rotate tap into off position which blocks return line feeding the tank then crank engine to purge remaining fuel in the lines and rail nice and easy.

post-20010-0-99934000-1432285907_thumb.jpg

Fingers crossed some bigger updates coming next week.

• Like 2

What coils are you using ?

I'm looking at an upgrade at the moment and will most likely just go the LS2 route, I just noticed you have gone something else

Mick I'm running Honda Cbr bike coils with a CDI module powering them. Since buying the equipment i've heard some mixed opinions on the reliability of these coils so ill play it and see how they go. Being a complete OEM system with built in ignitors i think the LS2 route would be a pretty good option.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

updates?

Yep updates coming finally got some spare time on my hands to start getting it ready for tuning... January is the target real keen to get it out for some roll racing at willowbank... Hopefully the smaller brakes to suit the 15" rims pull it up going into turn 1 >_<

Yep updates coming finally got some spare time on my hands to start getting it ready for tuning... January is the target real keen to get it out for some roll racing at willowbank... Hopefully the smaller brakes to suit the 15" rims pull it up going into turn 1 >_<

Just pull the 'chute... ;)

Found some second hand SSR's rims which we refurbished after making them fit. Took plenty of messing around though had to push the rim further into the guard by spacing the rim inwards by the way of 14" x 8mm ring that bolts between wheel center and rim. The 275/60 is 28" tall so placement needed to be spot on.

Just back from powdered coating today should look ok. :wub:

SP1's 15"x 9"

post-20010-0-26748800-1448542613_thumb.jpg

post-20010-0-03801700-1448543620_thumb.jpg