SAU Community

R33gtr Drag Car

Ryan1200

This is totally insane! Your attention to detail is staggering. So awesome.

Could you please PM any other pics you might have of that crossmember ? (Please) :-)

Also could you please take x1000 photos showing absolutely everything once its complete so we can all have some alone time with some good material :-)

This is totally insane! Your attention to detail is staggering. So awesome.

Could you please PM any other pics you might have of that crossmember ? (Please) :-)

Also could you please take x1000 photos showing absolutely everything once its complete so we can all have some alone time with some good material :-)

Cheers man thanks for the nice comments. Probably my last big build so i thought id build it properly ;) haha.

Next time its on the hoist ill get some more pics of the crossmember for you RIPS does awesome work.

Ill have some more pics for sure over xmas time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

No real progress was made over xmas unfortunately way too much beer consumed :/

What i did decide on recently was to upgrade from the M800 to the new M150.

Unfortunately we needed to change CDI modules as the M150 wouldn't talk to the Motec CDI8... Yes i know :angry2:

New bits arrived today. :cheers:

post-20010-0-77993400-1458810097_thumb.jpeg

And the good news is the car was delivered back to my good mate / fabricators last night to continue on with last few bits of work left.

Updates over the next few weeks..

• Like 1

Great looking car and fantastic build - looks like you've thought of everything. Plans for anything other than the 1/4 mile?

I hope so although i always seem to find something new and improved id like to add haha thanks mate.

I really wanted to build this as a street going car but rules and regs and police just make it so hard now.

Apart from the 1/4mile stuff it's just a car to go out and have some fun in, events like roll racing and powercruise both of which don't require registration.. Powercruise u can take passenger so that should be fun haha.

What would've been cool are the Motive GTR drag battle and new 1/2mile but both require registered cars for insurance purposes unfortunately...

Struggling at the moment to find room for a large enough air filter. The car was built with the intensions of not running one but i chickened out and purchased a 7" round 16" long K&N but looks like it won't fit where i was hoping without some more mods moving stuff around and re-coating the intercooler :/

• 1 month later...

Yep been progressing slowly but surely.

Under dash harness re-pinned for the M150 and re-installed into the car. Lucky we did bulk head connectors on the firewall made removing the harness easy and saved engine harness removal.

post-20010-0-13351600-1462098216_thumb.png

Final fitment of the oil and fuel pumps.

post-20010-0-57592200-1462098464_thumb.jpg

Oiling system completed.

post-20010-0-55776100-1462098572_thumb.jpg

post-20010-0-43779600-1462098691_thumb.jpg

More updates tomorrow.

• Like 1