SAU Community

R33gtr Drag Car

Ryan1200

Workmanship and finish is awesome. Credit to all of you. Such a nice package.

What do you expect it to run?

Also, Who did the door trims?

Thanks a lot mate.

DTP motorsports made the door trims. Started with carbon fibre matting on a roll and turned into what you see.

Hoping to run some 8sec passes would be nice.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/01/2017 at 1:53 PM, japmuscle said:

Has this been tuned yet or shakedown?

No shakedown yet but we had it on the dyno last week made just over 1000hp 32psi on a dynapack. Couldn't finish the tuning as the precision blow off valve wouldn't hold boost worth a damn. Waiting on the new turbosmart power port blowoff to arrive then back to the dyno.

• 1 month later...
On 18/04/2017 at 6:51 PM, ess15 said:

Saw your video on Facebook from JHH looks good man! and I hear you went down to the PT76mm?

Are you happy with JHH work?  They are currently quoting my RD block build.

You'll be happy with their work mate ive been a customer there for 15years & IMO one of if not the best engine shops in OZ .

Yep on my smaller turbo atm I'm pretty happy with 1100 at only 35psi for now. :cool:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/04/2017 at 9:25 PM, k_d said:

Thats awesome!! Have you run a pass yet?

No passes yet had some wiring changes that i really wanted to do before it hits the track which has just been completed.

On 24/04/2017 at 8:50 AM, duz10s said:

Great build, what's the rips glide conversion roughly worth?

You'll have to contact RIPS as the price would've changed since i purchased this kit as the US to AU $ has changed substantially.

Also i was able to finish off the shock travel sensors ready for some testing very soon. :15_yum: 

IMG_4219.thumb.JPG.d7f03d18c77ad9e2f40fed32e02fbfdb.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:15 AM, Ryan1200 said:

No passes yet had some wiring changes that i really wanted to do before it hits the track which has just been completed.

You'll have to contact RIPS as the price would've changed since i purchased this kit as the US to AU $ has changed substantially.

Also i was able to finish off the shock travel sensors ready for some testing very soon.  

IMG_4219.thumb.JPG.d7f03d18c77ad9e2f40fed32e02fbfdb.JPG

no worries thanks I have just fitted a TH400 conversions from Al's Raceglides in Sydney so doesn't matter now

I have those coilovers as well, apparently no HKS no longer make them

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/07/2017 at 5:26 PM, ess15 said:

Where are you at with this Rig Ryan? Had any test runs yet?

Just got the car back from Motec today actually I had them setting up the PDM, Dash, Can pad and all the driver switches. Its a slow process with a 4&1 roster working away but I've got a few dates in the next 5-6 weeks set aside on RNR for some initial testing. 

• Like 1

On 13/07/2017 at 5:41 PM, ironmcl said:

Car is looking tough!

where did you get those coils from?

got any details on specs?

Thanks mate. 

The coil pack bracket came from rips nz but there's other kits available now that are made locally which will do a similar job that don't require a CDI unit and are cheaper. Check out Godzilla motor sports they do a nice kit. My coils are CBR Honda coils. 

Before the last tuning session finished the nitrous system and fitted the new turbosmart valve. Much better quality than the precision item.

With only a 40hp jet picked up 150hp through the mid range. :17_heart_eyes:

IMG_3666.JPG