SAU Community

Wtb R34 Gtr - Anyone Seen This Gtr ?

Speak to Iron Chef about importing your own, get a feel for a price from him. Sure it will take longer but you will get a much better car from it.

spoken to him before - sounds like a good guy and certainly knows what he is doing - just would suck to wait three or so months when im ready to buy now - but its coming to that point

I can speak from first hand experience.

if you cheap out and something goes wrong in can be a heap longer than 3 months. For something as much as a 34 i would highly consider importing one.

I would be all over SinistaGTR's white 34.... If it was Bayside Blue :down:

In the end you either pay a premium for a good one, or take a risk and hope nothing is dodgy about it. Considering it's a 50k car. I would go for the premium.

• Like 1

I can speak from first hand experience.

if you cheap out and something goes wrong in can be a heap longer than 3 months. For something as much as a 34 i would highly consider importing one.

I would be all over SinistaGTR's white 34.... If it was Bayside Blue :down:

In the end you either pay a premium for a good one, or take a risk and hope nothing is dodgy about it. Considering it's a 50k car. I would go for the premium.

i always wanted one in the bayside blue - there is a stock one in sydney which is quite clean but asking for 47k where as the single turbo conversion is asking for practically the same - another one in WA which is quite nice as well - looks clean and all documents to show around the same mark bit less - looks like i will probably pay more for one a good running gtr and peace of mind. his gtr is nice im considering flying up there and checking that gtr out :)

Yeh single turbo does equal police headaches.....

A good twins setup costs the same as a single anyway. (intakes, turbos, dumps and front pipes). Although a single on a stock motor, I would always be very careful.... certainly a time bomb as to when its going to go....

You guys can always paint mine blue lol :P

A good twins setup costs the same as a single anyway. (intakes, turbos, dumps and front pipes). Although a single on a stock motor, I would always be very careful.... certainly a time bomb as to when its going to go....

thats true :D

LOL yes we could all just paint it bayside blue :P

Honestly though, what would i do?

Paint it blue and be like "Shit, it's literally perfect"

I'm one of those boring people that loves improving the car over driving it hahahaha

• Like 1

Single turbos are for lazy people that can't be bothered to deal with twins. And if it is a stock motor i wouldn't touch it.

Who says twins can't make power?

http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/uncategorized/parachutes-and-panic-stations-a-1300whp-gt-r-street-car/

• Like 1

i own the single turbo r34 gtr vspec , my car is safetly tuned on 20psi with 350kw

twin turbo -5 setups get almost the same power , so i dont see why my car is a ticking time bomb .. because its "single turbo", its just power delivery.

Edited by jdm-egg
  • Like 1

he was more implying that:

1. More cop attention

2. It's unlikely to be a small single. Not many people go singles for 350kw......

Hell my car will make 350kw on -7's.

its just running a Garrett GT3582r , so its not big

and yes i am only running 350kw because thats all i need for the streets

so certainly at the power level it is not a ticking time bomb

just needed to clear things up

cheers

Generally the power delivery of a single on a stock engine, puts a massive amount of torque strain when it comes onto boost vs the linear delivery of twins. Hence the comment, that most singles are certainly a ticking time bomb for a stock motor.

As stated depends on turbo size etc.

And yeh the cop attention too lol

Edited by sinistaGTR
  • Like 1

Hey OP, first time posting here I usually only look for wheels ect in the for sale section, I even registered to maybe help you out since your in the market for a particular car and large sum of money for a second hand car. When looking for a GTR of any year you want all the work done ie; diffs, turbos, bottom end, aftermarket computer ect. You will want to see receipts for these things so you can gauge how old and worn in they are. A Japanese structural report also prior to export is also essential on the "grade" class of vehicle. As mentioned above Iron Chef would be a better way to go.. if you can't wait buyer beware a lot of the ad's are vague and id assume a lot of the owners would be doing their best to mask problems and what not. Alarm bells should be going off when you first look at a car with aftermarket front end, worth 4-5k parts + paint and a stock top block motor.. Personally I wouldn't worry about colour preference and focus on finding a good one 100% get it inspected for twisted chassis and wonky diff's ect.. Also the single turbo conversion on a R34 GTR.. ahaha, if it was my money i'd only be looking for a twin system perhaps even aftermarket or rebuilt internals. I belive HKS had a kit for GTR rb26's? If you really only know as much as your post count suggests about cars, then I would really be taking someone along who knows skylines or looking at paying an importer their premium since its a lot of money to blow on guess work. My advice to you like my friends who love the Nissans, if you cant find a clean Nissan go test drive a RZ Supra or a series 6-7 13b RX7 with receipts backing up it's "condition" til a nice Nissan comes along. Goodluck with your purchase, Sam.