SAU Community

Wtb R34 Gtr - Anyone Seen This Gtr ?

When your custom manifold and custom single turbo get looked at by the police, and you didn't spend $1000 + on Mod plates and you get a yellow stick for it instead of going sleeper stock look, then all good. Besides ones the OP looked at were cheaper range singles anyway. Not to mention additional costs upon tuning and what not if you were to switch back to twins for a defect..

For circuit and road, definitely low mount twins. But for straight line top end and drags, you can't beat a big single turbo. a 400kw twin -5 setup and a 400kw single 3582 setup are very different. The single turbo give much more punch on boost where as the twins give wider power band

I believe the points I've made here are relevant rather than typical "twin is better than single cos there 2 of em brahh". Only two reasons one goes single turbo on a GTR.. that's if the engine went bang or the turbos themselves went bang. I'm no expert with skylines but i'm fairly sure there's a few kits out there direct aftermarket bolt on twins that don't sit up against the rocker cover. Anyway regarding the OP's first question that car is in doubt not worth flying a state away and back to see it, I mean come on man look at it.. swede / coon / tryhard / top bloke ect not to mention cop magnet and a stock motor with the hefty price tag of $43k.. surprised no one on here can call it not worth it compared to some others for another 3-5k?

They would be the most likely reasons on a r34 GTR skyline worth 40k someone would waste $2-3k on manifold / $2k on a turbo and bother with all other on off bits piping/lines ect.. were not talking a $6k GTST to make it from 200hp to 230.. lol. I do forget a lot of this after market stuff is direct bolt on to rb blocks so I guess that's easy in that respect however your still battling the price tag to justify it on a r34? I don't know about you lot but if I was to change a turbo set up from either stock or aftermarket twins to an aftermarket HUGE single setup I would wage costs. Anyway why bother debating this your a "vic club member" you live in Victoria and we have the harshest road laws in the country. Your a moron if you live in a big city and think you won't get pinged in a skyline for a huge defect and be down at Vicroads getting EPA / underbody inspection and restore your rocket to 'stock' get it cleared again $$$ and then put all your go fast bits back on? Lol.

When your custom manifold and custom single turbo get looked at by the police, and you didn't spend $1000 + on Mod plates and you get a yellow stick for it instead of going sleeper stock look, then all good. Besides ones the OP looked at were cheaper range singles anyway. Not to mention additional costs upon tuning and what not if you were to switch back to twins for a defect..

If your not driving like a cock, and dont talk to them like a cock... They generally dont give 3/5ths of f*ck all if its a single and will pay more attention to the pod filter (NSW COPS ANYWAY)... i know the VIC cops are more KENTS

First hand experiences i assure you, The turbo sits so high that i had to cut some of the reo out to close the bonnet :D

Just as reference, a mod plate wont help you if they want to bend you over proper.

Also Twins Eat a Fat one, .. Just to clear that all up :)

• Like 3

I believe the points I've made here are relevant rather than typical "twin is better than single cos there 2 of em brahh". Only two reasons one goes single turbo on a GTR.. that's if the engine went bang or the turbos themselves went bang. I'm no expert with skylines but i'm fairly sure there's a few kits out there direct aftermarket bolt on twins that don't sit up against the rocker cover. Anyway regarding the OP's first question that car is in doubt not worth flying a state away and back to see it, I mean come on man look at it.. swede / coon / tryhard / top bloke ect not to mention cop magnet and a stock motor with the hefty price tag of $43k.. surprised no one on here can call it not worth it compared to some others for another 3-5k?

price was negotiated with the one in vic to quite a reasonable price - have a few good mechanic friends up in vic who checked the car out for me all looks good - confirmed that the front has not been in an accident after thoroughly looking at it - still thinking of flying up since all seems well drives well and its stock which is what i initially was looking for - if theres some 3k more then point it my way and ill check it out asap !

lol other then that stil enjoying the single v twin discsussion :)