SAU Community

R32 Gts+t Daily/street

RB25DET gearbox.

pickup a second had gearbox and got it checked over by 1110 Engineering.

Also got a manual tailshaft and got it cut, shut and balanced.

Don't believe what people tell you, from my experience no standard nissan gearbox crossmembers bolt rightup (tried the CA18,SR20,RB20,RB25 manual and auto varients of each +tried them all bother ways around) best i could get was 2/4

Took some measurements and went back to 1110 for him to weld my up a crossmember. (man i have to learn to weld someday).

size comparisons

862_zpss4pdrccu.jpg

861_zpseyn4pvgb.jpg

Checked the clutch while the box was out still mint. (forgot to mention some time in 2013 i replaced the slipping HD clutch with a NPC carbonic cushioned button clutch + a slightly lightened flywheel)

which looked like this.

1379269_10152365474984896_726445543_n_zp

New intake time. i had rocked the stock airbox and intake for a while and liked the stealthiness of it but sometimes you just need some noise!

paid a friend to make me up a lobster intake.

708_zpstxcgs6fy.jpg

711_zpspgve7lvj.jpg

714_zpsgen5c3og.jpg

by no means perfect but im was more than happy with the result and the resulting sound was great MASSIVE induction noise + VL turbo spec dose thanks to the missing BOV due to FFP.

save the "going to break your turbo blah blah" heard it before don't care. been running like this with no issues or boost spikes for 15,000kms and no shaftplay. plus if the turbo eventually goes it just means its time for a new/bigger setup

Nice to see someone else that likes the doze i had mine doing it for nearly two years and never had a issue. Don't know why you had issues with the gearbox cross member the standard r33 manual one bolted straight up and was exactly the same as my auto one.

- Don't know why you had issues with the gearbox cross member the standard r33 manual one bolted straight up and was exactly the same as my auto one.

might be because my chassis was auto NA factory? not sure but it all fitted int he end haha

Yeah I went from a auto it heaps better now haha. How do you find the cushion button on the street.

I daily mine in traffic. once you get used to the slight change in take off/driving style its so so easy. that said i also have a larger slave cylinder.

more track days RB25box in place this time.

10496155_680997495314879_463110353020804

gave me a chance to get a good feel for the car.

10551589_343669965790023_385450053719971

Turned out it was understeering atrociously. so after the track day was done and dusted i decided to look into what the cause might have been.

Before i could get to that though. this happened

IMG_0076_zpswvsp40hj.jpg

IMG_0085_zpsr3lvdtd4.jpg

luckily it ended up being a copshop visit for "incorrect wheel/tyre size fitted". before i headed down there i fitted stock suspension type m bar and some less pokey wheels plus made the exhaust quieter. I did want to give them any reason to direct me to regency ;)

IMG_01121_zps4u8bjq37.jpg

after clearing the defect and putting parts back in i noticed my coilover spring rates were a bit out from what i expected/ordered.

6kg rear 12kg front...

fitted up 8kg fronts

i also changed the setup from hellaflush to hellafunctional. (eyebrow heights were 290F 295R. now they are 335F 330R)

Just for good measure and to aid the understeery issues i fitted up some 245/40/17 Goodride RS tyres as i had heard good thing and they were cheap.

The tyres were 225/40 F 235/45 R

then i got a wheel alignment with a fairly neutral front toe set.

all said and done this is how it ended up

before (still type m bar photo) and after.

hella%20flush_zpshx7oi6ld.jpg

Edited by CRSKmD

Lucky the cop incident didn't result in more problems!! I'm surprised the wheels were an issue, they don't really look like they poke?

Looks like she does a good skid anyway :P

Hope you get the understeer issue under control too

Lucky the cop incident didn't result in more problems!! I'm surprised the wheels were an issue, they don't really look like they poke?

Looks like she does a good skid anyway :P

Hope you get the understeer issue under control too

yeah haha

at the time i had almost 0 rear camber for tyre wear.

1653468_10152666432004896_1403485015_n%2

and the cop said "there was no room in the guard for anything and if i hit a pot hole the tyre would explode" :rolleyes:

Engine Bay cleanup and tune

As seen earlier in this thread i started a cleanup of the enginebay.

first i did FMIC and stock airbox. then FFP folowed by the Lobster welded intake.

part 2 of the clean up involved not making it look like poo.

1_zps630fde00.jpg

closer shot. painted plenum and piping black new joiners and clamps. painted engine. NDR Fab lobster cold-side to replace the massive blue joiner.

3_zps09d1fcb4.jpg

Shot of Cold-side. note the bung to keep AAC working.

IMG_4459_zpsgncrqnqt.jpg

stilla ways to go such as surrounding wiring, paint the bay etc but realistically thats an engine outjob.

next came the basic supporting mods. Z32 AFM, R32 GTR injectors+resistor pack, Nistune. I had already put in a Profec B spec II earlier in the year.

11psi

RB25 neo

IMG_0168_zps53b0cd82.jpg

13psi (wasnt happy no matter what we did)

IMG_0169_zps5eccd803.jpg

before 11psi and after 13psi on same sheet.

IMG_0167_zpsc4cd2194.jpg

i just keep it on 11psi because the extra 5kw up top isnt really worth the extra 2psi haha, ceramic wheel and all.

overall pretty happy with the results considering the mod list. nice almost NA-ish power delivery

RB20DE+T

RB25 neo turbo (OP6)

Z32 AFM

R32 GTR injectors
FMIC

FFP (doesnt really do anything, same runner length etc)

turbo back 3"

Went to another track day and shredded tyres.

then the next one came around i decided to save some money and not enter.

Instead i went along with a mate and filmed the day. First video i have ever filmed/edited of cars.

Edited by CRSKmD

• 2 weeks later...

As its a street car i figured it was time to do some cosmetic mods.

Waaaay back in mid 2013 id picked up a set GTR guards needing minor repair. i stripped 90% of the paint off them and then they sat in the shed until December 2015.

Since buying the GTR bar id planned on matching the paint as it wad close but by no means a match.

while i as at it i kept an eye out for a bonnet and grille.

I found a bonnet from AUSJAP. had several dents and dings in it but the price reflected it ($250). I tried to find someone with a ute or simialr to help me pick it up but to no avail.

Here is how i got it home. Safe to say i got a few looks ont he drive home. :rofl2:

IMG_0828_zps7nxwwj2e.jpg

IMG_0829_zpshfk10v1q.jpg

Started to strip back the paint around the dents so that i could hammer/bog where needed to get it back into shape.

IMG_0832_zpskt4hwgci.jpg

uncovered holds that show it previously had an N1 lip.

IMG_0837_zpsfnaxlhqr.jpg.

My plan for the front end was to do as much prep as possible and supply anything needed before giving it to a professionally painted.

i spent a few days getting it as close as possible but some of the crease dents proved extremely difficult for me (first time doing any real panel beating)

So i sent it off to Pearl Factory to finish the prep work.

Shortly after this was the result.
bonnet%20primer_zpsrxobaiyx.jpg

Meanwhile i was busy working on the front bumper. i managed to source another bumper so that my car did not have to be off the road for any length of time. as a bonus this bar did not have any cracks in it to deal with

IMG_0842_zpsuhasdxjo.jpg

The hardest part was inside the vents

IMG_0893_zpskardbrgo.jpg

I Pulled the guards out of the shed and test fitted them up to the car. looked mint good fitment and no ugly vents

IMG_0856_zpsypj4pbsu.jpg

thought to myself why not roll them when they do't have any paint on them

IMG_0859_zpskxpsbuhk.jpg

bad idea. note to self Alloy is very soft.

IMG_0872_zpsg9ygkshe.jpg

to get the wheels to fit up right i borrowed some spacers from mates. finally effective wheel size to get them to fit.... this si with a 245/40 as well

IMG_0875_zpsyu9q3xzm.jpg

at this point i sold the guards i had had for over a year and set on the hunt for another pair of un modified ones...