SAU Community

R32 Gts+t Daily/street

That sucks man! I think ianmack79 jynx'd you with his post above!!

Unfortunate to see a clean Skyline take a hit like such, what do plan to do?

the crash happened on 01/08/15. took from then until 25/08/15 with insurance company before an end result was settled.

got quote for repair, Just Car decided they wouldn't fix the car (but they are not writing it off) due to any repairs made would be unwarrantable (their reasoning was my cars paint condition and the extensive custom modifications done to the car...)

final result is i get a cash settlement for the value of the repair quote (less my excess and any admin fees). keep the car with rego and i fix it myself.

Noooooo! Devastating to see this! I know how your feeling, hope I didn't jinx you like the post above says. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad.

apart from the obvious cosmetic/panel damage it was to bad. snapped caster arm, bent LCA, bent engine crossmember, rad support, intercooler and piping. etc

Shit mate.

You going to repair?

i have done most of the repairs myself already or at least bought parts needed. it will never be what it was. plan is fix it enough to be 'presentable' on the street but no go all out with whole new GTR front end/fresh paint.

street/track the car then probably sell it or part it out. see how we go...

11952998_10154262410289896_6082621894529

Edited by CRSKmD

Everything is fixable - just depends on how much kesh you want to throw on it.

It's looking heaps better.

Yeah trying to keep it on the cheap to fix. Leaving at a point where if I want I can part it out and get some of my money back out of it haha

yeah been through that too, i swapped out a reo, front bar/lip, n1 headlights... those N1's werent cheap

Yeah it's no fun. Already bought headlights, guard, indicator, reo, cooler and piping, caster arms, LCAs, cross member and probably more to come

My lights have about $700 put into them on top of the price of the lights them self... :/

• 4 weeks later...

Started to work more on the car today. internet has been slow and dropping in and out, this worked as good reason for me to get off my ass and do something on the car.

12083863_10154353900174896_1368638387_n_

pulled the stock seats out and gave the interior a clean and put the brides back in.

12071391_10154353900339896_831758007_n_z

rear seats still need a clean and to go back in but snapped this semi-stripped interior photo (because racecar?)

12063769_10154353684019896_4010418957050

12042079_10154353900124896_534569328_n_z

Headlights also are in progress to being back to how they were but added wank

12071806_10154353900139896_1857299176_n_

re painted the edge of the glass to stop light bleed and i think it looks neater

12080780_10154353900049896_346201465_n_z

12041834_10154353900084896_1821767835_n_

Also started to try and buff some of the scratches out of the front bar. not that it really matters with all the drift stitch going on

12080873_10154353900214896_401183899_n_z

• Like 2

Spewing about the crash, one of the cleaner 32's in the state, good to see it's being repaired though. Seen it only a few times but always liked it.

Insurance is always a pain in the ass to deal with. Dealt with them before, feel your pain.

drift stitch adds character.

haha yeah the direction this car has headed has changed. before the crash my next plan was full respray... now the plan is skids

Spewing about the crash, one of the cleaner 32's in the state, good to see it's being repaired though. Seen it only a few times but always liked it.

Insurance is always a pain in the ass to deal with. Dealt with them before, feel your pain.

thank mate does mean a lot to know i was doing something right :P

ah well trying to be optimistic with the outcome

No worries mate.

Thats all you can do really, i didnt get the choice, just got given peanuts seeings as the car was never found unfortunately.

Looking to see how you end up, secretly hoping you keep it streeted.

Sad not seeing many 32's on the road hahaha.