SAU Community

R32 Gts+t Daily/street

No worries mate.

Thats all you can do really, i didnt get the choice, just got given peanuts seeings as the car was never found unfortunately.

Looking to see how you end up, secretly hoping you keep it streeted.

Sad not seeing many 32's on the road hahaha.

ah man that sucks. Hope you moved onto bigger and better things?

haha secretly there is a chance for that happening....

i already see more ferraris/lambos than 32's these days...

They are getting rarer! especially the sedans

That's because they are all in the shop with farked motors hahahaha

or wrapped around a pole or defected or or or ahaha :|

• Like 1

Yea ended up with an extremely tidy 32 in the end for the lose of an HR31 Passage :( , but picked the 32 up for a bargain in the end so it all worked out.

Thread started last week or so http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/459637-daily-driven-1992-32-20det-kinder-suprise

Haha yeeesssss! Very excited. Will keep a keen eye on this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea ended up with an extremely tidy 32 in the end for the lose of an HR31 Passage :( , but picked the 32 up for a bargain in the end so it all worked out.

Thread started last week or so http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/459637-daily-driven-1992-32-20det-kinder-suprise

Haha yeeesssss! Very excited. Will keep a keen eye on this thread.

i will keep an eye on your thread :thumbsup:

did a bit more work on it today. Headlights are finished and better than ever. I made up a custom shroud as before you could see through to the back it if 1" away haha (only i will notice the difference...).

Panels are off being painted and should be done shortly. After the it just needs matching LCAs put in and an alignment

Edited by CRSKmD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this, and thought it looked a little bit familiar. Looks like your car has turned up on the "Adelaide Japanese Car Spotting" page.

https://www.facebook.com/304248339737355/photos/a.304570823038440.1073741828.304248339737355/502096826619171/?type=3&theater

haha yeah one of the first times i drove it and parked it somewhere!

Photo must have been old then. Most people that post on there, supposedly post their photo straight away.

sorry i meant to say one of the first times i drove it somewhere and parked it somewhere after the crash.

Photo was taken and posted the same day

Put some kilometers on it and do some track days.
leak down test to check motor health than maybe bigger turbo / external gate setup.

Cosmetically there won't be many changes though.

After over 2 years of knowing this guy AND both having Blue R32 four doors AND both being named Cameron. We finally got both of our cars in the same place at the same time and both running.

3_zpsshjxmari.jpg

2_zpsasfbzr6o.jpg

6_zps0x8wghdi.jpg

5_zpssnlhcamx.jpg

4_zpsevqeyaeb.jpg

1_zpsloj1pno8.jpg

7_zpspvknov5p.jpg

8_zpsg6y5ezzy.jpg

Edited by CRSKmD

hmm, they the same but look different, i'd take yours over the other though.. looks tougher :ph34r:

The other one is a GTS4 though :cool:

i do find picture of the front track difference funny :rofl2:

That really highlights how much better square plates are! Both cars look great man!

yeah square plates definitely suit it more

Suddenly last minute surprise track day

on the 12th of November i found out there was a spot in a private day at Mallala the next day (13th). I had realised that after putting in the R34 LCA's and getting an alignment i was now getting a bit of guard rub.

I spent the day doing Uni work as exams were fast approaching and only started to to do car prep at 5pm. I went to get a guard roller from a friend and in the same outing i ended up borrowing a harness from another mate.

IMG_3459_zps94oc9ky5.jpg

I also bought a fire extinguisher because safety.

IMG_3463_zpsl5ldha0e.jpg

The reason i found out about the free spot at the track day was thanks to my Blue R32 sedan friend pictured further up.

IMG_3483_zpsfltgomca.jpg

In my first session i popped some cooler piping off and had to take the fornt bar off to put it back on
IMG_3482_zpshgfp1ab0.jpg

IMG_3469_zps1r9rqwej.jpg
I figured I'd just leave the bar off for the remainder of the day and save myself some zipties :rolleyes:

The Goodride RS sport tyres id bought over 20,000km and a few track day ago held up well and while not being the best tyre for the track, they were a good match for my skill level. bit melty but held up well
IMG_3478_zps6cjtz8ra.jpg
IMG_3476_zps64o9izh5.jpg
First time driving at Mallala and first ever grip day. Had a good time and car performed well with minimal issues throughout the day.
Drove it there, hammered it, then drove it home. You can't ask for any more than that!
IMG_3474_zpsuvzzhw8t.jpg
Video
Unfortunately the Go Pro went flat before my best part of the day. Here is some matched footage from my Dash camera and a mark 1 Go Pro
Sadly this footage densest seem to contain a clean lap. warm up/dirt derp/driver pass/coolerpipe blow off
Skip to 2:17 for dirt derp. While not having any intention of setting time i managed to average a 1:27 what ever that means for Mallala

• Like 1

After the track day i thought i should confirm if the oil in my cooler pipes was from the motor or the turbo. so performed a quick compression test.

180+ psi and only +/- 5psi difference makes me happy. 3 years of NA+T life :rofl2: shout out to the people that said it wouldn't last 6 months +T'd

all_zpsicalumbn.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

after the compression testing going well i wanted to get the full picture just in case. So I had a leakdown test done. Came back with extremely good results which meant i could go on to the next stage.

IMG_3647_zpsgpjvt4h7.jpg

Before:

IMG_3684_zpsemzqwb4w.jpg

During:

IMG_3695_zps6jwwpjwl.jpg

12414073_10154550299359896_506084205_o_z

After:

IMG_3700_zps6uibfx0u.jpg

NA is better :rofl2:

Edited by CRSKmD