SAU Community

R32 Gts+t Daily/street

That's better;)

haha there was temptation to start it as NA just to hear it

I see, you were just playing with us! Will be good to see how it goes.

yup. exhaust fab is happening now then have to plumb up lines and such. then finally a tune

While getting the Exhaust Fabrication done we noticed that the AC line sits uncomfortably close to the manifold.

711_zps7cn1w4ux.jpg

Call me crazy but having working AC in a street car in Australian is something i like and want to make every effort to keep.

The solution we came up with is heatwrapping the manifold and screamer and placing some heatsheild between the lines.

12498663_10154586683799896_1586961146_n_

12468197_10154586684064896_752416523_n_z

12468059_10154586684014896_1035962070_n_

No "Bolt on" Job is ever without problems and the next stage of running lines was no exception.

i found that the stock water line location on the block had been blocked up with what look like a banjo bolt done up flush to the block. unfortunately the person that did this rounded the bolt head and it is now in a position such that a socket will not fit over the bolt head as the casting on the block is in the way. and the two accessible sides are so stripped that an open ended spanner is not an option.

12463849_10154586684124896_162014819_n_z[/url]

I have chosen to run the line instead from the stock water drain bolt which is just below the water feed. the use of a NPT to -6AN fitting is needed and has been ordered.

the previous lines ran from other location which were messy and wanted to clean up the bay while doing this turbo upgrade

Edited by CRSKmD

• 2 weeks later...

took some time to get it all together. lines did not fit up nicely so i got other fittings to make it work.

IMG_3823_zpsoixonxac.jpg

injectors next as well as cleaning up the motor a bit to go from this

IMG_3833_zpsp0eed0ms.jpg

to this

IMG_3843_zpsrwgctt9h.jpg

IMG_3846_zpssn35oauj.jpg

On to the dyno to get the tune happening...

IMG_3853_zpsi8hw5hbc.jpg

Hahaha air con in aus yes... neither of my previous cars had air con and i didnt really care for it...

That was until i got my 32 with the climate control air con and i wouldnt have it any other way. Nothing like jumping into a crisp 18° on a warm day hahaha...

How much power did it make, also curious to hear if the turbos responsive or a touch laggy etc.

Its looking good mate, good stuff very impressed.

How much power did it make, also curious to hear if the turbos responsive or a touch laggy etc.

Its looking good mate, good stuff very impressed.

246.5 kw on BP98 18.5psi did not make it to the e85 tune. full boost at just over 4.8k but had a leak causing lag somewhere before the turbo. next time through it should get full boost at 4 based off a RB20det with the same manifold/turbo setup and 140psi on all 6.

unfortunately my motor was not as healthy as the previous test showed.

1 - 185

2 - 190

3 - 190

4 - 90 :glare:

5 - 190

6 - 190

was smoking out the at 2000rpm from the breathers. not oil just vapor (catch can was dry).

still made 246kw with the cylinder on lower compression

Awesome build mate. its been a fun read.

cheers mate. keep tuned for what happens next

Really good read mate, enjoyed it a lot and gave me some really good ideas for the future.

I'm curious, have you ever thought about putting in a 20det or 25det ?

thanks, i had thoughts of a 25 neo but decided to stick the 20. But now i am putting a new long motor in and going for round 2.

it idles fine and makes power but it is not what i want for this car so the new motor is being dropped in. sticking tot he 20 as my tune and part will all transfer across

Very cool build thread. The transformation is amazing to see. This is why I love building cars, to see what others start with and where they go. Gives me inspiration!

thank mate, always fun to follow other peoples progress

Time to pull out the old motor. It has served me well with over 3 years of NA+T including daily, hills and track driving.

IMG_3866_zpsnmpb41ix.jpg

New long motor picked up. daily daihatsu FTW

IMG_3861_zps8zps8gke.jpg

old motor out

IMG_3871_zps8glqlm1i.jpg

I got to work thoroughly cleaning the new motor while i had the chance. this next photos shows the level i got to.... mildly obsessive

IMG_3886_zpswtc9npe7.jpg

as i was transferring stuff across i found the source of my boost leak

IMG_3888_zps1gzgoxh1.jpg

contacted the fabricator and it was repaired under warranty. with this patched up and strengthened the response should be a lot lot better :woot:

to clarify the reason for the crack was due to the manifold being made with a non standard flange so the collector had been ported out to fit. unfortunately this made the walls thinner and the above happened. The normal flange used is custom made to suit the collector and would not have had any issues

Edited by CRSKmD

• 2 weeks later...