SAU Community

R32 Gts+t Daily/street

If you go AWD, then no sideways fun. But a 26 swapped GTS4 sounds good... Have both?

way i see it

AWD good for Grip and potentially safer/faster around track and during "spirited" driving. But worse for Skids and U-turns

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately i was unable to look any further into the GTS4. but here is a potatocam drive by to enjoy

I plan to film a better clip at a laterdate.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

In an effort to reduce the laggy feel i went and bought a 4.36 ratio diff to replace my 4.08. the whole time i thought i had a Nismo GT 2 way but as it turn out it was a 1.5way hard to tell until i looked at it side by side with the new 4.36 nismo 2 way i bought. the new diff i bought is a 5 bolts vs the 6 bolt i had before. so nice upgrade there

1_zpsm0mcvqii.jpg

i also wanted to fix the excessive front camber i have which was -3.8'. I did this by buying some superpro adjustable poly bushes. the old ones literally smelt like poo when we pushed them out haha

2_zpskby3dqgm.jpg

got under the car to swap out the diff and noticed this

3_zpsw6fyoblr.jpg

subframe had to come out to fix this and at the same time i noticed my exhaust had done this to the rear bar

4_zpsbme2nbrr.jpg

also the bushes were well buggered. I had been using metal subframe lock collars but it really was a bandaid solution.

6_zpseviko8tg.jpg

burning out the old bushes.

7_zpsngyprqj2.jpg

ended up with whiteline poly bushes. i toyed with the idea of metal subframe risers but the whitelines came up for a good deal and it is still a street car. however even with a press the back two bushes were a pain to do and ended up up having to make this contraption up to get them in. Made from two Daihatsu strut tops drilled out and a pulley puller with a breaker bar and a jack pole

8_zps9donl0on.jpg

10_zpssfe2xofx.jpg

9_zpscyuuf3ai.jpg

11_zpsicjgvc8w.jpg

while it was out i scrubbed up and painted the subframe and arms. looked nicer imo and protects from rust

12_zpsjctaxlpj.jpg

13_zps9l6dmuuj.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Booked a track day and was able to finally to stretch the cars legs with the new tune.

Bought a new set of wheels for track use, 17x9 +25 Rays Volk TE Fortresst. think old TE37 + AVS model 6 for the style and fitted up some brand new Hankook RS3 tyres to them in a 255/40/17. Got some help fitting them up :thumbsup:

IMG_4530_zps1tn3cnhn.jpg

The wheel and tyre combo was bigger in practice than in theory. In theory they should have been +5mm each side fro tyre and -3 offset on the rim resulting in +2mm on the outside edge and 8mm on inside effective when compared to my 17x9 +22 AVS T7 with 245/40/17 but the Hankook tyres were bigger resulting in some rub. haha

IMG_4532_zpsdlmvg740.jpg

sorted that out then on to wiring. perfect thing to be doing at midnight the night before track day.

IMG_4534_zps76rhap7d.jpg

Got out to Mallala nice and early and unpacked the car

IMG_4537_zpsoaenexuk.jpg

13047788_908048009292543_892282480551732

out on track

13055711_908046672626010_833905046696944

13029710_1046899718716955_51798638418556

ended the day with a jerrycan rescue for one of my mates also driving at the day.

IMG_4542_zpscwb2z4a1.jpg

Short video of one of my laps. My phone ran out of storage before the best lap of the day but i managed improved a few seconds on my best lap last visit with a 1:26.8. Overall it was a great day with only a few minor issues but i drove there, did the track day. then drove home so i call that a win.

Edited by CRSKmD

hey mate

what did the new diff set you back? ditto with the rims?

got lucky $750 for the diff freshly inspected and setup and $850 for the set of rims with stuffed tyres

• 2 months later...

not much new but i did have my car used for a photoshoot recently. So have some pictures. a few from my iphone and some from the photographer (watermarked ones).

heaps more on their site if people are interested

13254791_1069114493162144_56894265375088

11_zpsg87kjlnd.jpg

13323612_1080829525323974_46009261908240

8_zpsd4lkanjr.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Small update:

R34 LCA with adjustable lock stops to get my turning circle back as R34 LCA stock lock stops  got in the way long before the rack maxxed out.
end result was ~1m my turning circle.

TRUST Turbo heatshield to try and keep some heat off vac lines that melted last track day ...and for some bling haha

13662526_10155176736019896_372109798_o_z

13647235_10155176735154896_849870771_o_z

also picked up a hand held gimbal to muck around with and shot a bit of driveway test footage below

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Signed up for another grip day at Mallala.
arrived bright and early and got the car unpacked and setup
5_zpsbmpda5nc.jpg

Convinced my mate to come out in his RWD manual stagea.

4_zps5oziqtnq.jpg

mid turn in, Easy to see the tyres cross section here haha 

1_zps7pw9mkgp.jpg

pitwall ft. "genuine" (fake) GTR grill doing its thing... i call it dynamic aero

6_zpsmpu5ygib.jpg

nice deserve range of cars in my session

3_zpsyq4d8xsg.jpg

All in all a great day. Smashed my old PB and had a great time

2_zpsiusdl54v.jpg

On 10/1/2016 at 7:49 PM, Tom101 said:

Looks really clean! shame about the crash

Cheers mate, it was a kind of a blessing in disguise as without it i likely wouldn't have have the "bugger it just track it" attitude.

Prior to the crash it may have ended up getting a full body refresh and being super clean but the trade off would have been more cautious use and less/no track time