SAU Community

Eating Before/after Exercise - Weight Loss And Recovery

MrStabby

It's a perfect description of me. If you were in Brisbane, I would think you were talking about me.

lol

You guys piss me off

I weigh 40kg less and can just hang off the ring

speaking of knees. saw the surgeon yesterday afternoon.

announcing my immediate retirement from basketball and squats.

have worn away the cartilage in my left knee, so it's bone on bone.

going on the public waiting list to get it op'd, but he says if I take it easy from know, ie no basketball and other high impact sports, I should make it to 60 before I need a full knee replacement. sucks

back on topic. I am finding that a whole bottle of jaeger and redbull the night before did not help with my workout this morning. scratch that of the list.

• 1 year later...

Good to see this thread is still ticking along. Some things i've learned that are hopefully true;

You should have simple (high GI) carbs <2 hours after workout. Glycogen, which is a form of glucose stored in the muscle for energy, is used when you work out and you want to restore it post workout, by spiking your insulin via eating simple carbs. This is done most effectively during that 2 hour window. You also need some protein at the same time. I've seen recommendations from 2:1 to 5:1, carb to protein. (mlr mentioned the carb+protein goodness earlier).