SAU Community

R33 Drag Racing

AshR33Gtst

Hey guys taking my R33 Gtst up to the drags in the very near future. Just looking for tips to make car run faster. Just small things. Not simple stuff like fuel tyre pressure etc. I'm talking skyline stuff like removing 2 stage boost etc. Its auto btw

Hey guys taking my R33 Gtst up to the drags in the very near future. Just looking for tips to make car run faster. Just small things. Not simple stuff like fuel tyre pressure etc. I'm talking skyline stuff like removing 2 stage boost etc. Its auto btw

please tell me you have the min mods on ur car such as a full exhaust, FMIC?.

Even beyond this you are strongly risking throwing the guts of the turbo down the exhaust. If you don't have these mods then she is not going to be happy after a few runs and Ill put a greater than 50/50 bet on u throwing the turbo...

**do not recommend**

• 1 month later...

please tell me you have the min mods on ur car such as a full exhaust, FMIC?.

Even beyond this you are strongly risking throwing the guts of the turbo down the exhaust. If you don't have these mods then she is not going to be happy after a few runs and Ill put a greater than 50/50 bet on u throwing the turbo...

**do not recommend**

That's not the biggest load of garbage I've ever read but dammit it's up there!

• Like 2

That's not the biggest load of garbage I've ever read but dammit it's up there!

Iv come across plenty of people that have popped the stocker and many of them on the drag strip/trackdays.

Maybe years ago when the turbo and the engine were newer this would have been fine. but with the age of these motors and stock turbos now not so much. Lots of oil deposits in the feed lines and probably build up in the coolant feed too. Sure, some cars will be still clean and healthy. Many not.

This guy doesn't even note an intercooler or exhaust mod...

But hey, f**k it, go run it at the strip mate. enjoy. Im just doing my best to give well reasoned, non-hectic advice.

remove everything you can out of the car

fit the best tyres you can afford

1/2 tank of fuel

Wouldn't bother with a burn out unless your on drag tyres

Redline atf.

10psi of boost with boost T

Get as much temperature out if you can before each run (take a garden sprayer to cool down the intercooler and radiator)

think 14 second quarters if it's a very well driven solid car...

aaaand nitrous fixes everything!

Edited by XRATED

If your running very light mods. I don't recommend a burnout without the appropriate tyres and drivetrain upgrades. Even though im in a manual, my very first pass cooked the stock clutch after a decent burnout and I could barely move off the line before crossing the line in an 18 or 19 sec with a very sad face.

Your not going to gain anything major without doing something major. Just remove anything that doesn't need to be in the car, even the 2 stage boost mod will likely not even register on the time sheet. All your time will be found in a clean run with the right launch.

I found my biggest gain by far is my Mickey Thompson tyres. Even my Turbo upgrade didn't do much (180rwkw upto 245rwkw), What I gained in top speed I lost in the first 60 foot. Minor gain but not enough to warrant the price tag.

Enjoy it though, I aint been for a long time and am just starting to get all the urges again. Certainly fun and very easy to get into.

Luke

Iv come across plenty of people that have popped the stocker and many of them on the drag strip/trackdays.

Maybe years ago when the turbo and the engine were newer this would have been fine. but with the age of these motors and stock turbos now not so much. Lots of oil deposits in the feed lines and probably build up in the coolant feed too. Sure, some cars will be still clean and healthy. Many not.

This guy doesn't even note an intercooler or exhaust mod...

But hey, f**k it, go run it at the strip mate. enjoy. Im just doing my best to give well reasoned, non-hectic advice.

The Adrian in the post above yours is me. I know what I'm talking about.