SAU Community

Gh05t's 32 Gtr Daily Cleanup

Hi all,

Some of you may know me as i have been kicking around these forums for the past 10 years

I have made my way through a few RB nissans amongst several other cars.

My first skyline, my 31 TI converted to manual and slammed, i LOVED this car!
acdb732a.jpg

My second skyline was my first turbo car, 32 gts-t running around 220rwhp and many issues,
I had a very love hate relationship with this car, it did however start my love for the 32.
RightFQTR_4.jpg

i moved onto the 34GTT from there and i did enjoy the 34, but always hated the silver and hated the auto. shame as it was such a nice car.

The price i picked this up from prompted me but im glad i did.
IMG_3615_zpsf4958093.jpg

so on the hunt for manual parts and maby saving for a respray to white i came across the stag.
RS4-S pearl white manual stag, so i moved over and again i loved this car.... maby should have kept this one... but oh well
IMG_3789_zps98fc9496.jpg

not an RB but i do like this one too, my 2014 SSV ute tweaked up and slammed, i do like the ute
_W0A1392_zps7b458558.jpg

anyway onto the point.
I have always loved the R32GTR being the best looking skyline, and always wanted to own one. as allot of them are pushing there 25th birthday i decided its time to own one before its just too hard.

so i started my hunt which included every single one on the net and a few trips interstate to drive and view, often dissapointed.

after flying here and here to drive a few i realised how old they are getting which is upsetting. without spending over 20 and pushing $30K a nice example is hard to find. i looked seriously into importing one but my future plan is to import an extream example of low km vspec 2 in white and keep it locked away. but for today i want something i can enjoy driving regulaly, do i opened my colour options up.

luckily i did find this one, in sa so no roadworthy to deal with.

confirmed original Ks and decent condition with a reasonable amount of history and mostly stock, it has its flaws but all in all a good base.
so i drove this home

IMG_20150113_190938_zpsdjqmudsm.jpg

20150114_185704_zpsanmenina.jpg

my plans are to clean it up mainly. drive it and enjoy it, find whats wrong and slowly fix things.

as its not a special model or build im not specifically sticking to total concourse original parts but i want to keep it mainly clean and correct.

as always i will have MANY questions so this will also be my place to ask and pick brains so all help is always appreciated.

more to come!

• Like 4

So this is also kinda going to be a journal for myself of the general car cleanup and process, I'm allot less knowledgeable than some so suggestions and criticism is more than welcome.

So this is the car as i took it.

103,xxxkm

stock engine apart from apex pod filters and for some reason an engine damper (pointless, yes, but shiny)
front mount cooler in black which im happy about being a little inconspicuous, and some large silicone piping
Mines ecu and strut brace
N1 headlights

Side skirts
front lip
stock boost from the stock solenoid and little signs of the usual engine paint wear.
Apexi coilovers which are set at a reasonable height, unsure of rates but not overly stiff, might look at going slightly softer if i replace them.

20150118_131742_zps1s7zubke.jpg20150118_131734_zps7dv8ri60.jpg

it has a fairly large jazma full exhaust which im very happy to say is quite quiet. no drone, no backfiring on WOT back off and generally done very well.

6cb25d45-0459-4561-b986-78ae7b0bf825_zps

the previous owner it seems liked to keep paperwork and has also provided all manuals and information gathered through time which im yet to go over properly, but happy to have.

8d4705ec-b627-4224-aeed-dcfc30ae155d_zps

First on my list to do:

the car has been driven about 2000 km in the last year so im going to assume everything in it has been sitting and needs freshening up.

Full vehicle mechanical checkover
Full major service, new oils all round.
replace any belts, hoses, seals ect and generally get the motor and vehicle to a point where i know everything is A1
this will be done by a local shop Paul Pavlou motors who have a good reputation.

address any paint issues

address aged interior issues and removal of some aftermarket interior parts for VGC stock items such as steering wheel.

fix up stereo

tint

new tires or new wheels and tires

drive and love for a while

as far as other modifications i will more than likley up the boost to maby 10psi just to wake her up abit but she will stay generally stock and tidy.

Edited by GH05T

attacked the paint on the weekend,
it was very rough to touch as it had allot of contaminants.
bought a new claybar and went over the whole car after a good wash.

very good stuff for very good price... do recommend.
5c6cdb22-9b6e-46ea-ad4a-559b081fa5a3_zps

paint came up clean and smooth, looking much shinier even before any cut/polish which is yet to come.

20150118_131517_zpsobb8hru0.jpg20150118_131419_zpsfsxvyfl9.jpg20150118_131451_zpsbrypiw2l.jpg25ab3a05-2a2e-48d5-9661-c840017bcd62_zps

what seems like origional paint is in good condition bar a few scratches which have been badly touched up on the rear and roof aswell as what looks like an old area adhesive which as killed the paint in one spot. this will probably prompt me to respray the roof.

roof
fc95cae2-58bf-4f41-9934-d775581dea06_zpsbcb82978-71b5-406d-af05-392df2c3b539_zps

boot
20150118_131906_zpsnimnqhdk.jpg

when i do the roof i will probably try and replace all the window surrounds as they have perished as most do. drivers window surround has lost its paint too so another one of them will be needed.

N1 boot lip was removed annoyingly, might chase down a CF one
20150120_155809_zpsiit4jijq.jpg

also a little disappointing sloppy fitting, can fix with a simple spray though
20150120_160346_zpsetdbhfsy.jpg

Also my front N1 vents are a little warped and off angle, might need to get new ones and straighten them up a bit, just buggs me.
The N1 lip has also started to unstick, might get away with being to re-stick this one down as their surprisingly soft. otherwise a cf replacement might be the go?
0fe228a6-0411-45bf-a060-e1525f27fdfe_zps

not sure how much i will need to respray, im thinking just the roof and maby the boot. other than that a good cut and polish should take care of the rest.

anyone know a good mobile detailer in Adelaide for a paint restoration, im not confident enough with a rotary buffer/ cutting old paint and dont want to fark it up.

Edited by GH05T
  • Like 2

Congrats, good choice (32GTR)

You should have a go at polishing.

Meguiars put out a good product and there is no chance of damaging the existing paint work.

Check the DIY threads. I'm confident you can do it :thumbsup:

A lot of these mobile guys are no better if not worse than doing it yourself.

Save yourself $250 to $500.

bah... out of stock... will check back on that one later though, thanks man.

considering a cf n1 bootlip and a cf bottom front lip just for the looks (otherwise im repainting the lower front lip matt black anyway)

could go CF vents and bonnet lip... do you think that would look good or stick out like blue nipples?

i have been trawling several sites, been all through Justjap, negun, RHD, Kudos ect and the wish list is growing.

i was thinking of going back to stock airboxes but i dont mind the apexi pods, mounted properly so maby just a cf cover and a cooling panel to smooth out the engine bay?

jjrcarbairbox_1.jpgcarbradpanel2_1_2.jpg

Edited by GH05T

Starts a theme and likely cheaper. Would look good I think and if you ever got over it you could just ruff em up and paint them.

Although not necessarily better than original lips. I have seen many after market boot and bonnet lips that are warped.

Certainly wouldn't stick out like blue nips.

Gives the opportunity to CF some internal bits and the wing mirrors if that takes your liking.

bah... out of stock... will check back on that one later though, thanks man.

considering a cf n1 bootlip and a cf bottom front lip just for the looks (otherwise im repainting the lower front lip matt black anyway)

could go CF vents and bonnet lip... do you think that would look good or stick out like blue nipples?

i have been trawling several sites, been all through Justjap, negun, RHD, Kudos ect and the wish list is growing.

i was thinking of going back to stock airboxes but i dont mind the apexi pods, mounted properly so maby just a cf cover and a cooling panel to smooth out the engine bay?

jjrcarbairbox_1.jpgcarbradpanel2_1_2.jpg

ARC super induciton box.

For the price.... :yes:

Good thread I like seeing the history, car looks overall nice and neat. Crooked n1 vents always set off my old. Only thing is that I'd like to say ia that mequites clay bar is actually pretty shit compared to a decent product like 3M which u can pick up at any good automotive paint store for about $50 bucks. Comes in a little tub u can keep it nicely in too.

• Like 1

it does look like it, but dosnt work with the n1 foggs. and yeah the tow hooks ar painted red. no idea what some people thing when they do weird little things sometimes.