SAU Community

Gh05t's 32 Gtr Daily Cleanup

On 11/3/2016 at 10:23 PM, GH05T said:

thats the weird thing, its hicas compatible as in has the provisions for the steering angle parts, in the rigt places...but it just wasnt deep enough.

Sleeka spares have hooked me up with the HKB one for $110, ill grab that in a couple of days and fit her up.

Yeah I bought one that wasn't deep enough as well.. Not sure where I went wrong but it happens!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was actually going to buy a set of flat faced panas from import monster but they sold on me.

so i was searching the net and found an old ad from a bloke who took them off his R33 gtr in London.

i flicked him a fb message and got talking.

i took a leap of faith and paid him in full and got them shipped over.

weird thing was no one had ever even inquired on them, never got a sniff. so i got them relatively cheap, fright was a killer though, but the overall price was reasonable.

so hard to find in 18s, especially in good offsets and in re-conned condition.

ahhhhh very nice, love panas, they have to be one of my all time favourite wheels.

what was the offset on them? leaving them in the bronze colour or going to repaint them?

Quick shitty update,

Couldn't fit the wheels last week, got a few things to do to get them on.

They seem to have a weird ring, lip on the inside of the bore hole, which may or may not be too small as well. My last wheels i had hubcentric rings so i didn't conciser the new wheels maybe being to small.

odd as these came off an R33 GTR... either way were gonna get them on the lathe and correct this shortly.

DSC_0337_zpsj2rdjtzt.jpg

also, side note, to me this looks waaaay to rusty and shitty, im replacing the brakes soon but does the hub look far to shitty to you?

DSC_0334_zps0jooxzvg.jpg

Anyway, im assuming that im going to have to do some guard work to properly fit these badboys especially the rears, and i have removed the inner guards on the fronts recently anyway.

fronts are likely to need spacers to clear the brakes with these faces, probably not too fussed about that as i may want to push them outwards a bit to match the massive rears but once i get the bores sorted we can actually do a proper test fit.

here is my current wheel which i thought were wide at 9.75"....

20151009_190904_zpsebba76f3.jpg

and this is it compared to the rears at 10.5" :blink:

DSC_0341_zpswawtwkby.jpgDSC_0340_zpstjhv8tdl.jpg

Edited by GH05T
  • Like 2

ok, worked out what the issue is, as i said very very odd that a wheel would fit a 33r but not a 32r,

whoever refurbed the wheels put the front and rear faces on the wrong barrels. the brake clearing fronts will now be swapped onto the front barrels and the correct offset rears will go back onto the big lips.

this will of course mean i dont need to run spacers and the rears will fit the guards (better)

the offsets at the moment were obviously way off but all will be fixed.

as for the welded in lips in the hub bores...... no f**kin idea, i have no idea why that would be done but their gonna get bored back out this week. should get them on shortly.

• Like 1

nice job, i have all read, it's very interresting. 

For your reprog, it's a great gain for a stock engine, i hope the same on mine :2_grimacing:

And your new wheels set are better look than the old one, more on the age of the car, i really prefer them... good luke to fit them :4_joy:

• Like 1

I have finally found some time to swap the wheels over.

im still using the shitty old tyres, their the right size at 265/35x18 but shit quality and half shot.

im loving the fitment!!

the rears fit really well for a 10.5" wheel on an r32, guards are not rolled fronr or back and luckely they can stay that way, nothing fouls anything, even on full lock so im very happy.

cleaned the car up and took her out for some photos....... everyone knows how much i like photos :P

20170122_130529_zpslsadm2xe.jpg

DSC_0359_zpsznujkpoa.jpg

DSC_0421_zpsftd3qyif.jpg

DSC_0413_zpskekzoqhd.jpg

DSC_0376_zpszuqixwec.jpg

DSC_0370_zpsy8wvrt5q.jpg

DSC_0398_zpsdqu5vr5n.jpg

DSC_0409_zpsivhxiu8c.jpg

DSC_0419_zpsb4iijqx4.jpg

new suede wheel 

DSC_0369_zpsivd9qhrj.jpg

Edited by GH05T