SAU Community

Want To Become An Sau Contributor?

PranK

Would you become a contributor of SAU?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Id prefer to pay a bit more membership each year, and a percentage goes towards up keep of the forum (thought that was actually already part of it!!)

On a side note, if you can get rid of all the spam posts, the forum will be better for it. Others forums dont seem to have as much spam as this one, is there a weak spot in forum registering?

Id prefer to pay a bit more membership each year, and a percentage goes towards up keep of the forum (thought that was actually already part of it!!)

On a side note, if you can get rid of all the spam posts, the forum will be better for it. Others forums dont seem to have as much spam as this one, is there a weak spot in forum registering?

Some other forums I've been on require you to have an email address linked to an account that requires proof of identity, so addresses through telstra, optus, etc. They don't allow hotmail, gmail, etc. This pretty much eliminates the spam, but also drastically cuts down member numbers and the amount of help you can get in the tech sections.

What about having fund raising cruises. Even if it's only once a year and people just chuck in $5.

• Like 1

Hi,

What about a very small % of sales, donations and say like a $15.00 membership fee for all. In the scheme of things its pretty cheap.

regards,

Todd :yes:

While a $15 fee might not seem like much, it may drastically reduce future growth of the site. For example, someone who purchased a skyline and then has questions can currently jump on here for free and ask questions. If they have to pay $15 upfront a large portion of them will just go to other forums where they don't have to pay. Sure, we all know that it's hard to find a better source of info than here, but someone just getting into skylines won't know that.
  • Like 1

What about donations?

No can do. We need to be a registered not-for-profit, which we're not. So, ultimately as long as the 'buyer' is getting 'something' (even a tag under their name) and receive a tax invoice then they're not donations. :)

We pay two external spam services to check registrations. Check this link to get an indication of how much spam is kept out. This is def a priority though and we may need to bring on another service or have a one-week moderation period.

Yes.

Have donated (as my tag suggests).

Would do so again.

And everyone's jealous of my posting ability.

Even the auto systems kicked in when I was posting a fair bit to make sure I was "a human ".

Oh, maybe different tags for different amounts.

So everyone knows if you're a stingy bastard(like I was/am) or a high roller.

And possible benefits that go along with it.

Wasn't aware one will get no flood control from posts at the time I'd imagine after making contributions (I know I didn't).

Hence my suggestion earlier.

Unmoderated sub forum yes please

Within wasteland and can be called pond scum...

Those signing up for membership must accept a clause that there may be offensive content in there and they enter at own risk...

• Like 2