SAU Community

Type Of Oil For 1994 R33 Gts

Grygenator

Hi there, I have just bought a 1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS and I want to change the oil. Unfortunately I don't know what type of oil it takes.

Its done just under 168,000km.

Also can anyone also give me any other information regarding the car and maintaining it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Brendan.

What do you use the car for? I use penrite 10tenths racing 10w40 but I have a fair bit of work done. You could still use it but would be fine to run a cheaper semi synth

• Like 1

What do you use the car for? I use penrite 10tenths racing 10w40 but I have a fair bit of work done. You could still use it but would be fine to run a cheaper semi synth

i use the same. The engine doesn't chew it and stays golden for the 2-6k.

Petite hpr10 is plenty good enough for an atmo engine. Or any oil pretty much. It doesn't mater much at all. Show me an engine from a skyline that's dead due to using a cheap oil? Then I'll show you heaps that are dead from thrashing, shit tune etc.

Don't waste money on fancy oil that you don't need . save that money and use it for a better car later.

Edited by Ben C34

Petite hpr10 is plenty good enough for an atmo engine. Or any oil pretty much. It doesn't mater much at all. Show me an engine from a skyline that's dead due to using a cheap oil? Then I'll show you heaps that are dead from thrashing, shit tune etc.

Don't waste money on fancy oil that you don't need . save that money and use it for a better car later.

a mate had an ecotec that he used to put shit oil into, it ate it. sold the car, new owner started using good oil and it didn't eat a drop. lol's were had.

Also can anyone also give me any other information regarding the car and maintaining it?

Hi, just do a search mate, there is a wealth of information telling you everything you need to know. learning to search properly and doing some genuine study will be invaluable to you.

Sometimes searching on google works better than the search bar here though.

Welcome to the skyline community. We always love pics :yes:

• 4 years later...