SAU Community

R32 Gtr - Adjustable Fr Camber Arms - Suggestions?

Hey all,

My R32 GTR has some pretty cheap adjustable upper camber arms on the front, which have always creaked and groaned for as long as I have owned the car. Today, the front left finally gave up the ghost and broke. (Luckily, just as I bumped up the driveway coming home and not on the M5 at 110km/h). So I am looking at replacing them with some quality bits.

Anyone have any suggestions / recommendations ?

The car is street driven, but I use it for track work and motorkhana competitions, so I like to be able to adjust the camber depending on the use.

I have flicked through the forum and searched, and read a few threads but they're all old and possibly outdated.

Any help would be great, cheers.

I think the UAS ones with the pivot in the middle are probably the only ones with any degree of respectability. All the rest are just variations on the stockers with differently (poorly) engineered length adjustment.

The main problem is that they are fairly expensive.

Thanks guys - Have had a look at the UAS and Hardrace ones. Seem to be much of a muchness really. I'm somewhat desperate for them, so I don't think I can hang out for GKTech to release something. Might see what availability there is for Hardrace and UAS, and let that make the decision for me.

Imteresting. Hardrace don't show them on their own site.

Nevertheless, those are an example of the shitty option. The UAS ones are free to twist, so they unload the horrible loadings that occur in R32/Z32 upper arms. Especially when you wind in more caster with adjustable caster arms. That's why I said the only "respectable" arms were probably the UAS ones.

The Nismo copy ones that GK-Tech are supposedly going to make are the same idea as the UAS ones - they offer rotation around the centre pin.

They are on the Hardrace site - http://www.hard-race.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_714_722&product_id=238

But I see your point about the design.

Imteresting. Hardrace don't show them on their own site.

Nevertheless, those are an example of the shitty option. The UAS ones are free to twist, so they unload the horrible loadings that occur in R32/Z32 upper arms. Especially when you wind in more caster with adjustable caster arms. That's why I said the only "respectable" arms were probably the UAS ones.

The Nismo copy ones that GK-Tech are supposedly going to make are the same idea as the UAS ones - they offer rotation around the centre pin.

Ha! I googled into the site (didn't browse from the front page) and went straight to the normal R32 page, where they don't list those front uppers, even though they would also suit!

Yeah I got caught out on that too... went looking for something I knew was there before I realised they had a separate page for R32, and R32 GTR.

Ikeya formula

www.nengun.com/ikeya-formula/

Do they do an adjustable design? I can see the fixed size ones, which would be good, except I like to be able to adjust them at home depending on what event I am doing.

Another way to minimise the twisting issue is to get arms that use bushes rather than bearings, limited options though. Z1 motorsports do a bushed (& bearing option too) fuca for z32 but you'd need to confirm it would fit. Based of midori design (hardrace style is also) with different ends.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_8&products_id=6190

Otherwise eccentric bushes in your stock arms. If swapping to bearing arms though it's recommended to swap to rose jointed tension rods also.

UAS v2 arms are the ideal option though, we need a group buy!

Edited by lidz

Pull the mounting bracket out. Weld up the hole and redrill the front mount point lower. This is effectively the Nismo bracket. You then don't have to worry about the centre bearing and you can just run a normal arm which you can also shorten if you want.

Another way to minimise the twisting issue is to get arms that use bushes rather than bearings, limited options though. Z1 motorsports do a bushed (& bearing option too) fuca for z32 but you'd need to confirm it would fit. Based of midori design (hardrace style is also) with different ends.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_8&products_id=6190

Otherwise eccentric bushes in your stock arms. If swapping to bearing arms though it's recommended to swap to rose jointed tension rods also.

UAS v2 arms are the ideal option though, we need a group buy!

I have already spoken to Hornet about this. I'm keen for a group buy if there's enough interest. I'm not in a rush so I was hoping GKTech would come out with their version sooner or later.

Yeah I am more and more leaning towards the UAS arms. I had decided to buy the HardRace ones today, to fit in the meantime until I could get my hands on the UAS set for the long term. However, I went to JDMYard today to buy them, only to be told a bloke had bought the last set earlier on in the day. So I am still without a set and looking to get something sorted. I've never organised (or even been part of) a group buy before, does anyone know what the go is? Got a contact at UAS? Forum member? I'm keen to get them asap. I have an event on 7th March I need the car set up well and truly before then.