SAU Community

R32 Gtr Getrag Conversion

Stixbnr32

Hey ya,

Since my engine is now built i was thinking of upgrading my drivetrain.

I can pickup a brand new Nismo Conversion kit of the R32 to the 6spd R34 Getrag.

This kit includes

1) Getrag 6spd

2) Transfer case

3) Twin plate nismo super coppermix clutch

4) Front prop shaft

5) Cross member

6) Shift knob.

I can get this for about $8000 USD and the thing I like is it will have 0 km's on them.

What is everyones thoughts? Im thinking eventually I will need a new clutch (not required yet) and my transfer case is 25 years old and my gear box as well. So if I rebuild/strengthen these I am looking at not much more for the getrag.

Also I have heard the 4.111 ratios of the r32 and the 6spd make for abit of fun?????

• 1 month later...

I have just done this conversion and can confirm that the ratios are not as bad as you think. Makes street driving a lot better than the old 5sp box.

Just done this myself, kept 4.11 with rb2.8 + 5s :cheers:

or you could try to get a AG-Y tranny, their strenghtening SS690 box is going for 200k yen. Transfer case from AG-Y is another 80k. Add 2k for anothe rbran dnew clutch if you wish. youre at 5000k yen ( which is about 3.5us I believe right?) Your still paying about 3-4k more for this mod. I believe both box would be of same strenght, so you decide if the ratio/6speed is worh that extra money.

• 1 month later...

If you YouTube the Motive 32GTR build there's a segment on putting a 6 speed in with standard final ratios

Has a full table of rpm and road speed etc

Worth the watch

no idea, but you dont hear of many breaking. alot of the Japan wangan warriors i.e. 700hp+ 34 GTRs all appear to run the standard box.

locally mercury Motorsport had one in their R34 GTR until going to a OS88 i am fairly certain they changed this out due to wanting to go to sequential not due to a breakage it at 800+hp

i have personally been running one in my 740whp 32 GTR for 3 months now, doing a few track days, racewars and general driving in that time with no issues.

only issues i have found is a total lack of traction in 1st gear so need to do 2nd gear launches to get the best out of it.

Also due to the gears being closer together it is common to miss a gear i.e. go from 2nd to 5th as oppose to 3rd, But i guess that comes down to getting used to the box and being a better driver.

• Like 1