SAU Community

Nz Revisited

XKLABA

Yeah it's pretty rank we're paying nearly twice the Aussie price for petrol yet we're almost at parity for the dollar. A huge chunk of our price is government taxes though, somewhere over 60% I think.

We're at -/+$1.20 atm where most of what I saw there was $1.85, though the best I found was at Whangerei for $1.59 so that's where I filled up on the way back to the airport :)

I did see a nice two tone blue and silver R33 at Kawakawa, a nice yellow R34 4 door on the way to Kerikeri and a white R35 with the plates STIG near Kamo

I just discovered the stations here are playing silly us for fools. Normally there's about an 8c/litre spread between 91, 95 and 98 octane, but yesterday I filled up at a station advertising what seemed to be cheap fuel (91 was $1.759 vs $1.929 in another town) only to discover there was a 26c/litre gap between 91 and 95, so I paid $2.019 for 95. To say I'm mildly peeved about it would be underselling it.

$300 per year for rego, does that include a CTP or just rego, I pay between $240-$280 for regos and $550-$600 for the CTPs :(

Matt, I have had that happen, I went into a Shell and got a tank full of 98 and when I finished filling up I realised there was a $0.45 difference between that and the 92 when it was usually $0.20 so I menioned it to the lady at the register and was told that's right but when I got back to the pump the price blanked out so I sat and waited and what do ha know it changed to $0.20 difference :/

That said I stopped at the Shell near my house and the oppersite happened and 98 was exactly the same price as 92 :)

Yep 98 reached somewhere around $2.39 from memory. I'm old enough to remember when fuel companies first tried to push 95 over the $1.00 mark but couldn't because their pumps were only designed to go up to 99.9c. I think that was around the early/mid 1990s.