SAU Community

Melbourne q's

SkyDragon

Hello there melbournians..

Just a Perthian wanting some feedback on what its like living in melbourne?

thinking about moving there sometime, anyone give me some decent feedback? cars? work (im in IT)? babes? cost of living etc.?

Honest views be appreciated..

Cheers,

Coming from NZ im not really biased in anyway.

I lived in NSW for about 3 months and found that a great place to live just because i was living in Bondi right near the beach. Cost of living is much higher than here in Melb and i found the whole place a little scattered whereas here in Melb everything is central (ie. based around the centre/city)

Melb is the base for many IT companies, i myself work in IT as an iPrimus Level2 Tech Support/Level2 ADSL Tech Consultant.

Weather wouldnt be an attraction but it isnt as bad as most places make it out to be. Women are everywhere, it doesnt matter what state.

Night scene is very good and there are plenty of places to party til the wee hours of the next afternoon on the weekends.

Then theres the Melb skyline guys who are a great bunch (just watch out for INASNT and his hot pink hyundai excel)

melbourne is a great city its central housing is still reasonable and to get around is very easy as we have good roads. night life is great plenty of parks.

it was voted the most livable city in the world cause of low crime great jobs etc.

housing is dearer than perth but not stupid like sydney.

assk dr drift he has lived in both places

cheers

steve

I've lived in perth melb n syd, n finally moved back to melb at the start of this year.

Cost of living is MUCH higher in Melb compared to Perth. If you're in IT you have a better chance of gettin a better job paying better money in perth, simply because there's more IT professionals in melb n syd compared to perth. In fact perth companies are making it more attractive for ppl to move from syd or melb to work out west.

That said, melb is a much nicer place than perth in my opinion, the nightlife is better, although the women in perth are a little better than the ones here, depends which denonmination tickles your tackle really.

Things are a lot more centralised in melb with most ppl goin to the city to work etc etc. Its pretty well structured and everything is well planned out... the roads are great (unlike in NSW).

The people are a LOT more friendlier in melb than in syd coz of the different lifestyle. Melb is more trendy, relaxed and very metroplitan, wheas syd is jus all business.

I've got a cople of friends who are moving from perth to melb just for a change in lifestyle.

Mind you this is from a 21 yr old's perspective.

Whatever you choose, its never too late to go back if you find things hard to cope with, so "do try it"

|:burnout:|

|------|

|:)|

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by inark

Coming from NZ im not really biased in anyway.

I lived in NSW for about 3 months and found that a great place to live just because i was living in Bondi right near the beach. Cost of living is much higher than here in Melb and i found the whole place a little scattered whereas here in Melb everything is central (ie. based around the centre/city)

Melb is the base for many IT companies, i myself work in IT as an iPrimus Level2 Tech Support/Level2 ADSL Tech Consultant.  

Weather wouldnt be an attraction but it isnt as bad as most places make it out to be. Women are everywhere, it doesnt matter what state.

Night scene is very good and there are plenty of places to party til the wee hours of the next afternoon on the weekends.

Then theres the Melb skyline guys who are a great bunch (just watch out for INASNT and his hot pink hyundai excel)

still with the facination of this hot pink excel that i apparently own but have never come across in my driving endeavours?

cheers guys, excellent reviews.

yeah i understand what you are saying funkymonkey, melbourne would definately have more IT people than perth, but i guess there would be more jobs to compensate? So the money for IT would be better in Perth?? thats a suprise? I think we are really under payed here in IT. Women in Perth are hard to beat for looks, for sure! but its just the mind that accompanies it, i think melbourne chicks might be more my type, a little more sophisticated.

Well considering all, im still keen to cross the country, but i will have to find a job before i arrive, and if i go through with it, it certainly wont be at least until July 2003 (cant miss the perth summer!)

Guest INASNT

i just found a picture on inark with his latest set of wheels!

watch out for this guy on the road, hes a sh*it driver!

1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ah yes back in the ol days when we obviously lived in england judging by the background and style of housing :P

ive changed since then... still a scarey driver... but at least i dont dress up in high heels and drive around in a pink excel with 100s of rice mods and 24fwkw like denham at nights...

he has a mild case of skitz... everyone thinks hes normal til the clock strikes 12... its like cinderella.... but with a scarey little black man in a dress and a pink excell instead of a pumpkin.

:cool:

Guest INASNT

ah yes back in the ol days when we obviously lived in england judging by the background and style of housing :P

ive changed since then... still a scarey driver... but at least i dont dress up in high heels and drive around in a pink excel with 100s of rice mods and 24fwkw like denham at nights...

he has a mild case of skitz... everyone thinks hes normal til the clock strikes 12... its like cinderella.... but with a scarey little black man in a dress and a pink excell instead of a pumpkin.

:cool:

dont lye!

that pic was taken of u last week when u tried to line my hot pink excel up at the lights in your new wheels!

that look on your face is when u tried to intimidate me before the run!

hey i was trying to do u a favour by not mentioning that... was trying to save u face but we may as well let them all know now...

yes that was taken just before we ran... and yes u guessed it... denham lost misrably to meh and mah beast. the look of steel obviously worked.

Guest INASNT

hey i was trying to do u a favour by not mentioning that... was trying to save u face but we may as well let them all know now...

yes that was taken just before we ran... and yes u guessed it... denham lost misrably to meh and mah beast. the look of steel obviously worked.

We all know the real reason u won was because your ass is so big that it took up the whole street and i could not get past unless we raced on a 5 lane freeway!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by INASNT

We all know the real reason u won was because your ass is so big that it took up the whole street and i could not get past unless we raced on a 5 lane freeway!:lol: :lol: :lol:

lol i have a fat ass.... I WISH I HAD AN ASS!!

yeah pity my real one is about 1/10th that.. actually urs wouldnt be too far off that one there Denham

still in denial hey?

about as much as u arent in denial about being ghey

as phunkey monkey stated before only u could turn a thread about melboure, anything into gay talk!!! ASSMAN:D

yes well it isnt hard with the likes of u on the board.... u provide me with so much gayness to comment on its so easy.

u gonna bring the excell to calder tonight?

yes well it isnt hard with the likes of u on the board.... u provide me with so much gayness to comment on its so easy.

u gonna bring the excell to calder tonight?

yep and it runs 15.4 1/4 with the new fully sick HKS sticker i put on the back window! so it now can beat u! :burnout: