SAU Community

Does Anybody Know This 34 Gtr From Vic?

milanr34

Hi all,

Does anybody know or has seen this car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1999/SSE-AD-3222430/?Cr=38

Would appreciate any comments or through my inbox.

Its a lot but at the same time a lot has been spent on it.

Ill be sure to call RacePace to ask about it as they worked on it but wanted to get the SAU's opinion as well.

Cheers

A weekend car, something to keep for very very long time. I know it has some serious power behind it, but again i dont forsee my self going to the tracks in the near future - will be kept for weekend drives and meets with SAU

From memory this was one of Alex Cheung's (a friend of mine) cars, he imported back around 2008 / 2009.

Looks like the seller now has cleaned it up and done it nicely.

Going from the Car Sales ad, engine bay and interior still all looks the same / similar.

The car has all the tasteful mods, sounded and tuned aggressive when I saw.

The front bar had canards bolted on, hence the 3 holes you see and the front bar has been cut above the number plate for more air flow to the intercooler.

Beautiful looking R34 GTR. It's still rare to find good ones with that level of modification.

Hey Matt! Sup!

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know when Alex sold it? or maybe you can PM me Alex's details.

It does look very clean which is why im asking around before I go have a look.

Alex, did he previously had a black r34 gtt? which was done up quite a bit?

I remember a guy who had one he used to work for Telstra when I first started there.

Edited by milanr34

In its current form its not really streetable, you'll be pulled over within 5 minutes as soon as you hit any main road. In saying that though, a quieter exhaust, maybe raise it a little bit and it would be a fun weekender, albeit a bit brash :)

Yea its a def to raise it up but i think the exhaust might be ok. I've had a modified 34 gtt for 2 years and havent been pulled over once.

In saying that the only problem is the engine bay as it looks very modified however i guess it will come down to the police officer - not too sure how much would it cost to make it all charcoal (prob not worth it).

But will see how we go - thanks all for the replies and Jamie

• Like 1

If you want a streeter I wouldn't buy this car

Why do you say that?

Sure 365kw is a big number but will be used only on weekends and SAU meets. Granted the polish in the bay is a bit much, but all you have to do is put the stock airbox back and perhaps recoat some of the things.

Not too sure if having chorme stuff is eligable for a canary. I have to look up things for the oil catch can, fuel regulator etc etc

I don't plan on doing stupid stuff on the streets (learnt my lesson 10 years ago) but If i need the speed then it will be track time.

Only reason why im considering this its because a lot of work has gone into this car, esp the pricey 2.8L upgrade. I could buy a stock 34 for 40k then put all these mods and would be the same in price if not more. So im just taking time into consideration as well.

Feel free to give feedback its nothing against the seller but im sure people here have similar cars which get driven on the weekend

i don't know what you guys are talking about it not being a good street car, looks perfect to me....

Not too much power (over the top) and he has kept the twins.

The only issue is the height and that is easy to fix.

If the intake annoys you that much, buy the car and ill buy the intake off you.

Modding cars for street use just isn't fun in Victoria any more. It's either make it super stealth/plain in the engine bay for the inevitable 'random' police stop, or keep your 'fast' car for use on the track. Or buy an R35 (or equivalent fast factory built car). Or move to Queensland.

The fuel pressure regulator is not a roadworthy 'defect' item, but it is on the list of 'banned' items advised by the EPA. Same goes for aftermarket ECU, fuel system mods (injectors, fuel pump(s)), exhaust, etc, etc. The EPA have authority over VicRoads to suspend your registration and impose nasty fines. Once your car has an EPA notice, you need to return it to stock, and you cannot sell it registered. Not worth the hassle unless any mods you have are easily reversible, or if you hardly ever drive it, but you still run the risk every time you take it out on the road.

When i moved to Victoria 5 years ago i was almost put off getting back into skylines after reading the EPA thread. Touch wood but i have never been pulled over or had any kind of trouble whatsoever, granted 95% of my driving is out of town on weekends and RDO's but still. So really ask yourself what kind of weekend driving you want to do, do you want to weekend drive like i do or do you want to drive around melbourne with your mates on fri/sat night. If it's the latter then like everyone says, probably more hassle than it's worth....

If it's the former, apart from all the holes in the bumper the car looks awesome, i think the skirts etc make the car look lower than it actually is

Good luck finding what you want.........

Thanks for all the replies everybody really appreciate it.

There can be some country and more so just driving around beach and SAU meet ups. That whole fri/sat night "runs" I got over 10 years ago.

Ill enquire about this one, but might be a better option to import one with slightly less mods.

Will let everybody know how it all goes.

Thanks again