SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

I am a bit pissed and know a lot of you blokes are pretty good t this stuff , me hopeless

The final tune will be in a week and I would like to see if anyone can guess the results

The run in tune at 15psi was 314awkw on 98 pumps, the car has been built for response, at the final tune the cams will be dialed in for response.

Builder Is CRD

Parts

RB26 Head

RB30 Block

Nitto 3.2 Stroker kit

UE 260 10.8 custom cams, springs and retainers

Supertech 1mm OS Valves

PT6262 CEA turbo

ID1300 injectors

Splitfire pack

Haltech R34GTR ECU and flex fuel sensor

Walbro 460LPH pump ( not sure if this will do the job)

Custom 3.5" exhaust

Thats the best I can give you

Have a guess at

20psi on 98 and E85

25psi on 98 and E85

My Guess , well I would like

400awkw and 435awkw

425awkw and 465awkw

Please do not put shit on me, just guess or go elsewhere :)

I have never come across this type of thread, I have seen a few blokes ask for an educated guess on their builds outcome and some blokes answered.

But as each build is different I thought it might be interesting when blokes have just had the run in tune to have some blokes have a crack at guessing what the final tune will be when given the mods list.

You are like a lot of other blokes on here,you will use 20 to 100 words to crap on people, when you could answer in 10 or just move on to another thread that interests you? I would rather be ignored. Oh and that would not be the first time,haha

Thanks Jono :)

lol really? That's what you say? I didn't crap on you in my original post. Just stated what usually happens when the 10,4565th person says "How much power do you think this will make??"

People usually say whatever the dyno says.

How about you stick it on the dyno and find out? because not many people are going to be bothered to answer you.

I'll check back in a week and see how you are going.

lol really? That's what you say? I didn't crap on you in my original post. Just stated what usually happens when the 10,4565th person says "How much power do you think this will make??"

People usually say whatever the dyno says.

How about you stick it on the dyno and find out? because not many people are going to be bothered to answer you.

I'll check back in a week and see how you are going.

As I said, I do not care and it will be on the Dyno,it was just a thought that some blokes might want to have a crack at it, if not , who gives a Fark, LOL

Man. You keep going on about response.

I'm going to very interested to see if it will ever match the response of your old car. I'm sure it will make a tonne of power, but the response will probably never be what you want or expect.

A na car converted to turbo will be more responsive. Especially consider your last car had variable cam timing etc.

I really look forward to your result, but have said it before, a supercharged v8 would have been a more sensible choice.

Edited by Ben C34
  • Like 1

Man. You keep going on about response.

I'm going to very interested to see if it will ever match the response of your old car. I'm sure it will make a tonne of power, but the response will probably never be what you want or expect.

A na car converted to turbo will be more responsive. Especially consider your last car had variable cam timing etc.

I really look forward to your result, but have said it before, a supercharged v8 would have been a more sensible choice.

haha,Man you keep on complaining about it, it was too late for the supercharged V8, money was spent .

Wanting response is not a bad thing, I have tried my best to get what I can out of the car and I am sure it will give me what I want, it is so much better now and I feel sure after the final tune I will be what I want , shit just a bit more boost , take the limiter to 8000rpm and I would be happy as it is :)

If a R34GTR built to 3.2 Lt @400awkw ish cannot beat the standard 3.5GT with twin turbos I will set fire to it , no I wont I :wub: it

Have a guess :/

More boost and more revs isn't more response......

My stock(ish) R33 GTS'T on 5psi is repsonive as f#8k :P top end is lacking though..

Saying that my 3ltr na soarer is also responsive as f#*k...

have been following your other threadh and definitley keen to see how your setup goes... but also noticed everyone's going 3.4 now :P

• Like 2

I am sure it will give me what I want and more than I could use top end, but that does not matter. only got a few years to drive it and my Son will have it.

I guess I have seen 1000s of posts with blokes wanting to get the last bit of power they can get out of their car , strapping on huge turbos that make massive top end power and blow the fark out of their motor and box, they just rebuild it and do it all over again and I enjoy reading the posts and never once said, fark man why do you want all that top end power, I know why they want it, they love it :wub: and it suits what they want out of their car.

Thats all I am doing :thumbsup:

This is for you Ben

Response response response response response response response response response :wub: and more RESPONSE, just gotta luv that response :wub: LOL

More boost and more revs isn't more response......

Thats not what I said/meant, with the limiter lifted from 4500rpm ish to 8000 and able to rev, then with a little boost it would drive pretty good as is. But I expect it to even better once tuned

fark man why do you want all that top end power

I haven't been to a track yet :P

and I drive it like once a month now so everytime I get in it it's like.. "woh so much power"

when i was driving it everyday I was sooo keen for more power... so it's all relative

• Like 1

Stock turbo stock rb26 with dialed cams would give you response you want.....

trouble was Ben, I had never driven a Skyline, I am sure if I had driven one like you stated ,maybe I would not have done this build, unfortunately I didn't and I am such a tenacious little prick, I cannot stop until I get what I want, well think I want , lol

All good, I will love it and I drive my R most days on some great roads, so I will get my monies worth :)

• Like 1