SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

Sorry to hear you got dealt a crap hand with the build Pete. Bloody piss poor that it came down to a assembly error rather than an easy component failure and what is more piss poor is the fact they avoided making it right. Just confirms there are c%nts in this world, that's all.

Good luck with getting remunerated what you are owed plus I hope you also get extra compensation for the crap you have had to go through.

My gut feeling is he wont let it go for much longer when he knows you are serious about going all the way to get a fair outcome.

I am also wrapped you are happy with the way it turned out, may you have many thousands kilometres of trouble free driving enjoyment.

Now just fkn drive the thing. :yes::yes::yes:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you got dealt a crap hand with the build Pete. Bloody piss poor that it came down to a assembly error rather than an easy component failure and what is more piss poor is the fact they avoided making it right. Just confirms there are c%nts in this world, that's all.

Good luck with getting remunerated what you are owed plus I hope you also get extra compensation for the crap you have had to go through.

My gut feeling is he wont let it go for much longer when he knows you are serious about going all the way to get a fair outcome.

I am also wrapped you are happy with the way it turned out, may you have many thousands kilometres of trouble free driving enjoyment.

Now just fkn drive the thing. :yes::yes::yes:

Regardless of what is to come , it feels great to get the car back at 100% + after a year of crap :)

I will chase this up as hard as I can, I want to be made whole, not part of, I want what I spent to rectify a stupid mistake that could have been fixed a year ago. There is no way they did not know the leak was internal , there was never a drop externally .

I will be going for a run in the morning, might go to down the Lakesway to Wootton Way , it is a great drive dodging the holes,the last time I went there it was too early and the sun was in my eyes and there were branches all over the road after a storm , not worth the effort , want to have a look at the road under better conditions. They do that Nulon Hillclimb and that looks mad!

Thanks for the back up :yes: I just felt so f**ken good today, had a dumb arse smile at golf all day , even after a shit shot and there were many of those, LOL

Everything is good in hindsight, Pete. Atleast it's all back together now and not having the coolant fairies come at night!

Now its suspension time. If your shocks are stock (which they are) your 18 year old bushes would be flogged also. That "floating" under power is very unnerving. Hold the wheel straight and it's slowly drifting left and right on the road! Lol!

- All bushes replaced

- Rear sub frame "pineapples" or alloy collars. (I remember doing this like 7 years ago and it took one corner to realise what difference it made)

- A set of shocks. Maybe something like MCA "comforts". Don't be tempted by that "BC" garbage. Be better off putting train track sleepers in there.

- A decent alignment.

better off just replacing the rear sub frame bush, total pain in the arse but well worth it.. I find the pineapples are ok (if your stock bushing isn't cactus)..if they're cactus.. then forget it, you'll end up splitting them.

Get the MCA X-C aka Purple, they're better than the MCA Blues :)

That powerband/torque band looks mental makes changing gears a thing of the past haha...

CRD, too many stories as usual.

Thanks Paul and Johnny, any help with the suspension appreciated. :yes:

Yes the torque is something else , once you are driving along in 6th, gear changes are only if you want to play or tight bends, you can go up inclines and it will not labour , put your foot down and it starts to pull, and around 2000rpm in any gear and it gets going smoothly and just gets stronger. Changing gears around 5000rpm and there is no sense of lag.

I guess I got used of the steering and tramlining as it was much worse when I bought it and I had an alignment and did the kingpin bearings, that helped a lot , yet it is still pretty bad. Torque steering more now.

Even with the power it has for a road car, it drives very linear, no surprises when you put your foot down, just goes strong and it hugs the road, I think my modded driveline and the AD08Rs all work well together.

Cannot wait to get the suspension sorted :)

Paul will have a better chance to see if he likes the way the car drives on the weekend :woot:

• Like 1

Just get him to bring the sequential box with him that way when it blows u can quickly fix it then get back to enjoying your beast

haha, I don't think you could get the 88 off Paul unless you killed him, now there is thought :yes:

It would be interesting to see how it goes with an 88 poked in it, even with my shitty driving as is, it is pretty mad!

You'd prob Break it.

They're only rated for 1176 nm of twist.

Its funny, I was reading a while on the ford forums this build where a guy was after the best response and power on a barra. In summary he had huge torque down low. He broke the tranny, tail shaft and the whole rear end. And the car couldn't be driven in the wet. I will find it and post it up.
  • Like 1

Well got through the weekend alive. Getrag in tact and Coppermix twin C spec holding strong :)

BUT Micko tried to burn my house down with my BBQ and between him and Paul started a fire under the 34's bonnet, luckily both fires were controlled without the fire department being called, LOL

All I can say is , I hope the garbage truck has VERY STRONG arms that lift the recycle bins, this is over flowing with all types of alcoholic containers, ranging from longnecks, variety of girly stubbies, wine, mixers and JB and all of the containers were sucked dry :woot:

If I was the sort of bloke that told stories out of school I could say more, but that is not my style

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish

• 1 month later...

I just posted this in MY coolant leak Thread but for those that missed it I will also post part of the final report regarding my water leak.

Please note, I have given the original Builder months to reply to my emails and a month to reply to the report. 2 other were involved in this report and know the facts are true. I have not received a reply, so I guess I will have to take it further.

PART OF THE REPORT, the rest is where they were searching for the problem, this is what the problem was diagnosed as. I also have the Videos and some pictures as proof of the reort

VVVVVVVVVV

We next chose to remove the primary oil gallery bungs and use an inspection camera to confirm where the coolant

was leaking into the main oil gallery from.

At 15psi of cooling system pressure we saw the coolant leaking from the cylinder head oil feed gallery into the

primary oil gallery.

(See video “Leak 02”)

This confirmed that coolant was entering the cylinder head oil feed gallery.

Number 3 inlet side head stud was removed with the cooling system still pressurized.

This stud is next to the cylinder head oil feed oil and they share the same cut out in the head gasket.

This resulted in an extreme coolant leak from the head stud hole.

It was found that when the engine was originally built the head studs were upgraded to ½” items and the head stud

holes were drilled ~5mm deeper than standard causing a number of them to pass into the coolant jackets around

them.

(See video “Leak 03” and image “Stud hole 01”)

Head studs were sealed, engine was assembled and cooling system re-tested at 25 psi for 1 hour and no leaks

were found.

(See video “leak 04”)

We also found there were no locating dowels for the cylinder head and head gasket, the cylinder head and engine

block were drilled to accept new dowels.

The main bearing tunnel was not honed to suit the upgraded main studs fitted, as they were not tensioned to the

correct specifications set by the stud manufacturer.

Once tensioned correctly the main bearing was clearance 0.001” instead of 0.002”.

The main tunnel was resized and correct clearances were achieved.

For anyone that has no life and followed this thread and missed my other post in the "Coolant Thread" . There are other videos in that coolant thread if you are interested.

I had copped a lot of crap over this leak and it is great to be able post the "Final Leak Result" :)

This is the Video of where the water was going from the day 1 when I picked the car up after the build in March last year, "THE REAL LEAK" not the BS leak out of the top radiator hose that was sent to me from the workshop.

I offered all of the Videos to the workshop but as usual , they did not reply ?????

On a brighter note, I had the MCA X-C comfort coilovers installed ( very Pretty) and the drivers side kingpin spindle machined so the bearings fitted snug. Drives much better on our crappy roads up here and does not try to kill me, still a little tramlining but with 265s on I guess there will be some of this.

NCAT vids and pics 001.MOV

Hi Peter,

Really shit experience mate. I'm pleased to hear you had the issue identified and resolved so you're now enjoying your ride. I hope everything goes your way in court and get every cent plus the extra it's cost you since to get up and running as it should have been.

Cheers

I get no pleasure out of any of this shit, I doubt I will get everything back, there was $2400 odd in travel expenses for everytime I had to leave the car there. I would like to get square with the repairs I had to have done, but who knows what will happen

Anyone else had this sort of problem and tried to get reimbursed , if so any helpful tips would be appreciated :)

Have you got any specs on the coilovers. Can you go into more detail?

No Mate, it is a stock model line they have. Assemble and send. Nothing on the invoice except the model , X-C comfort

I just told my bloke to make sure it is legal height, do not need visitors poking around under the hood :)