SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

47 minutes ago, fatz said:

Why not slap a 3.4 in? 

hahaha , I am done , just wanted to see what this work will do.

I know it's also not your preference on how to build these cars and I totally understand why.

Look at it through my eyes, I am 76, I don't want a Fn 35 and can afford to do this work. I really like the R34GTR and it will be my last car in my life, it's the first time I have ever done anything like this and the car is getting better with each modification, well "MY" better :/

Through the hills I rarely go much under 3000rpm except on tight 35kph corners uphill and 3rd takes care of that and don't carpet it coming out of the corner , it wants to kill you , Mick has no idea what I do in my car , I drive with no one else with me  :)

Honestly , why wouldn't anyone not want to have a skyline that takes off from idle and gets going within another 1500rpm and then is mad up until you want to change gear , it's limited to 8,400rpm.  There was still more to go with the turbo speed with the last tune, I think he stopped at 21,000 rpm and I think the 8374 is recommended to run up to 27,000 rpm and I believe the 8374 gets pushed even faster by some blokes :/ , so I am about 20% ish under the recommended top turbo rpm speed , more to go.

Shit if I want to go to a 1000HP , bolt a 9180/1.45 and off you go , might leave the Getrag on the ground , LOL

So lets see what happens , I know I will LOVE it and stuffed if I know why it upsets some people ??????????????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

I don't know about everyone else, but My car spends a crap load of time below the full boost threshold, as I don't think i'd have my licence or car for long if i was driving around at full boost everywhere. While i certainly think that there's an element of chasing the impossible here, the higher compression ratio is going to give a noticeable improvement to every day driving of the car.

In terms of not running E85, every car/engine/tune combo is going to be different however my 9.5:1 stroker motor has no issue with 20PSI on 98 and that's with 260 cams so nothing silly, so its not all doom and gloom. Obviously if you did something like 12:1 you'd have problems on 98 but I think even on E85 you'd be running into chamber design issues there anyway

I cannot imagine driving the car the way it was , well except to sell it :)

I think everyone thinks I want a V8 response , NO! I want the best from what I have and this work is the end of it, love it.

With some early power you also do not attract the wrong attention by not revving higher in town , mine is pretty quiet, but ? 

I doubt he will take it over 10:1 and from what was said I will be OK if I don't go mad

11 minutes ago, fatz said:

Sell crd 3.2 boom motor and profit? 

Thats a bit harsh , it's not the same motor anymore , their work has been sorted, LOL

Motors down and seems everything is in good shape to go ahead with the work.

30 minutes ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

hahaha , I am done , just wanted to see what this work will do.

I know it's also not your preference on how to build these cars and I totally understand why.

Look at it through my eyes, I am 76, I don't want a Fn 35 and can afford to do this work. I really like the R34GTR and it will be my last car in my life, it's the first time I have ever done anything like this and the car is getting better with each modification, well "MY" better :/

Through the hills I rarely go much under 3000rpm except on tight 35kph corners uphill and 3rd takes care of that and don't carpet it coming out of the corner , it wants to kill you , Mick has no idea what I do in my car , I drive with no one else with me  :)

Honestly , why wouldn't anyone not want to have a skyline that takes off from idle and gets going within another 1500rpm and then is mad up until you want to change gear , it's limited to 8,400rpm.  There was still more to go with the turbo speed with the last tune, I think he stopped at 121,000 rpm and I think the 8374 is recommended to run up to 127,000 rpm and I believe the 8374 gets pushed even faster by some blokes :/ , so I am about 5% ish under the recommended top turbo rpm speed , more to go.

Shit if I want to go to a 1000HP , bolt a 9180/1.45 and off you go , might leave the Getrag on the ground , LOL

So lets see what happens , I know I will LOVE it and stuffed if I know why it upsets some people ??????????????

3 hours ago, Shyboy said:

Work sorted!?? Lol That bottom end would have coped lots of abuse for years.

Not years of abuse , they just pulled the motor down and everything is still in good condition and they can do the work ASAP

Save you some reading time and getting to the main problem I had

When the 3.2 stroker was  built the head studs were upgraded to ½”  and the head stud
holes were drilled ~5mm deeper than standard causing a number of them to pass into the coolant jackets around
them.

A total F up and they wouldn't take responsibility for causing it , I had taken it back 3 times and they did nothing but bullshit to me. So I went elsewhere to have it sorted.

Problem found, problem fixed , so easy now ,LOL

31 minutes ago, Shyboy said:

That’s great they found the issues and is getting sorted now.

sorry for inaccurate comment , I thought at least bottom end was good 

Anyway good luck with it ?

No worries , that problem was fixed 3 years ago , time flies ,  LOL

I am just having some head work done ATM

On 10/20/2018 at 2:53 PM, Nismo 3.2ish said:

I think he stopped at 21,000 rpm and I think the 8374 is recommended to run up to 27,000 rpm and I believe the 8374 gets pushed even faster by some blokes :/ , so I am about 20% ish under the recommended top turbo rpm speed , more to go.

21,000 or 121,000 rpm ?

Getrag would not be very happy with that idea ? 

• 4 weeks later...

Both cams going to 272 / 10.5 , could go to 11.0

Going  9.5:1 CR , they are going to use a thicker gasket , in case higher CR is ever wanted

Pistons coming from the US in a week or 2 and the head is out  being ported

Hopefully get it back this year , LOL