SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

All good, I will love it and I drive my R most days on some great roads, so I will get my monies worth :)

I think emotion helps.. my na auto soarer, like I said is responsive as f*4K, but it's auto, so driving my stock (for now) skyline, is much more fun and only really about that feeling driving a manual turbo... i had the same feeling with a 1.3ltr turbo starlet... the difference? motorway overtaking... so I'm sure you'll love it...

I hope I'm not spamming your thread too much as numbers have no influence on me, as there are as so many variables to drivability...

I haven't been to a track yet :P

and I drive it like once a month now so everytime I get in it it's like.. "woh so much power"

when i was driving it everyday I was sooo keen for more power... so it's all relative

what you say is spot on, I drive mine just about every day and it starts to loose the thrill BUT I cannot drive it at the speeds you blokes do, just enough to get the rush :woot: once a day keeps the coffin away :)

:woot::wub:

I think emotion helps.. my na auto soarer, like I said is responsive as f*4K, but it's auto, so driving my stock (for now) skyline, is much more fun and only really about that feeling driving a manual turbo... i had the same feeling with a 1.3ltr turbo starlet... the difference? motorway overtaking... so I'm sure you'll love it...

I hope I'm not spamming your thread too much as numbers have no influence on me, as there are as so many variables to drivability...

No worries, just a chat. I am not after the magic numbers, seat of the pants feeling is what does it for me, just the feeling of raw power, Mmmm

My last car was an Auto, 350GT,couple of turbos and it was fun BUT after a while I missed driving a manual and once I got the R34 I was happy again, well getting happier and soon VERY happy :yes:

Cannot make that but I would like to do the next one but I think my sense of humour and shit stiring has pissed too many blokes off on different threads, probably get lynched ,haha

Enter the SAU NSW trackday, and let's see what it can really do :)

I was waiting for someone to say this,LOL

Would have to get one of you boy racers for that, maybe Paulie will do it, but it has been so long he probably has forgotten how :)

Is there a prize for whoever gets closest? Ill say 450kw just because its a number i like. Look forward to the results though. 4pm is a bit early to be boozed!

haha, I think Mafia got it right, no one would be bothered and they hate these types of posts, I thought you blokes would test your build skills and have a stab at it, as I have not found another one the same.

For a prize you need participants, one does not make it a competition ,lol .

As for me, it is not the number, it is how it is going to drive,, but the graph gives a pretty good indication. When I put my old graph @338awkw up with a new one after changing cams and turbo @ 345awkw, Paul knew the car was a pig to drive on the street and much better to drive in the second graph and only 7awkw difference but a different car to drive.

4pm is too early to be boozed, piss off. I get up at 4 am ish, have lunch at 12noon and on weekends washed down with a nice bottle of red , shit I could have been boozed at 2pm , but i do not drink late in the day(usually) , sleeping pissed = hangover :yes:

• Like 1

I was waiting for someone to say this,LOL

Would have to get one of you boy racers for that, maybe Paulie will do it, but it has been so long he probably has forgotten how :)

Hahaha i'll put my hand up for that, same car similar power, would be nice to feel the difference in setups and i'm going to be there anyway at this point :D

And while im here

385 & 400

420 & 445

Also i have stock motor stock turbo with dialed in cams and it is responsive as fark and in a R32 GTR it is briliant but the R34 is 250+kgs heavier and it wouldn't be so good, the 34 should have been a 2.8 with -7s or 3.0 with -5s from factory, that would have made it what it should have been

• Like 1

Hahaha i'll put my hand up for that, same car similar power, would be nice to feel the difference in setups and i'm going to be there anyway at this point :D

And while im here

385 & 400

420 & 445

Also i have stock motor stock turbo with dialed in cams and it is responsive as fark and in a R32 GTR it is briliant but the R34 is 250+kgs heavier and it wouldn't be so good, the 34 should have been a 2.8 with -7s or 3.0 with -5s from factory, that would have made it what it should have been

I would like to get that feed back.

I think as I just tossed stuff in and used the bolt ons I already had it would not compare with yours Mick , but good enough for what I will be doing with the car. Down the track if my son wants to do more, he can stick his hand in his pocket,lol

Your guess is pretty close to what they think it will be, only 4 days to wait, I am like a little boy and getting excited as the time gets closer :yes:

As I have never driven a stock R34GTR , I agree, if you are going to add weight in a new model, beef it up to make it better than previous models ???