SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

That would be great, hoping for something similar and I would be a happy camper. :yes:

Do you use yours on the street or a bit of both ?

You can have Paul's box for 8 or 10 years and run it in for him while he is looking for a car :)

Will be both when I get it back

I have really enjoyed your threads. About time someone actually posted all the problems with building a car a and having to wait a stupid amount of time for the workshop to get it done.

It is THE worst thing about Turbo cars. I have been duped before.

If you book it in for a date, and they agree, then work should start that day. Simple. This is why I quit Skylines and went to V8's for a while. Take a V8 someone like RUSSO and a build will be done and tuned in a week.

Now back in Skyline land, I swing the spanners as much as I can so don't have to put up with the BS time delays.

Time delays equal dollars down the gurgler (Rego, insurance, depreciation and the running of another vehicle)

Having said that, at least you know you will have a quality car as it is from a recommended workshop!

Anyhoo.... I'll take a stab at 404 AWKW with the current fuel setup. Definitely low to what you will have once everything is sorted!

If you are ever down Canberra way, give us a Hoy!

Cheers,

James

• Like 1

I have really enjoyed your threads. About time someone actually posted all the problems with building a car a and having to wait a stupid amount of time for the workshop to get it done.

It is THE worst thing about Turbo cars. I have been duped before.

If you book it in for a date, and they agree, then work should start that day. Simple. This is why I quit Skylines and went to V8's for a while. Take a V8 someone like RUSSO and a build will be done and tuned in a week.

Now back in Skyline land, I swing the spanners as much as I can so don't have to put up with the BS time delays.

Time delays equal dollars down the gurgler (Rego, insurance, depreciation and the running of another vehicle)

Having said that, at least you know you will have a quality car as it is from a recommended workshop!

Anyhoo.... I'll take a stab at 404 AWKW with the current fuel setup. Definitely low to what you will have once everything is sorted!

If you are ever down Canberra way, give us a Hoy!

Cheers,

James

Cheers James, my trouble has always been I know shit all about modifying cars and have said some dumb stuff over the 12 months I have been doing mods,haha

But there are blokes here that just jump in and help, been great and had a heap of laughs, especially when some blokes think I am pissed off, lol

When you have bought all of the bolt ons months before the build it is crazy to have to wait over 5 months after dropping it off. The blokes here say they all seem to be the same but that does not help when you are waiting forever, well seems forever :)

Anyway, just about at the finish line, Thursday and hopefully all done ?

A week for a V8 :)

From what some other blokes have said I think the Walbro 460 is capable of around 450awkw and now I will have the ID1300 injectors , is should be OK, but cams dialed for bottom end and everything else trying to get it moving ASAP we are not expecting too much , always talked about 400awkw ish and that is more than what I need.Shit the 345kw I had was enough power, just at the wrong end and to laggy.

Great how much difference the .6Lt makes for driving around, it has become a pleasure again.

If I ever get down there I will let you know as there are a few blokes I would like to meet up with in that area :thumbsup:

Well it is done, Dyno KWs pretty low at 386awkw @ 22psi and dropping off to 18psi ?, graph attached.

I did expect a bit more :/ I thought all of my bolt ons would allow much more than that, but ?

Lots of grunt but still in Sydney bumper traffic so no chance to have a spirited drive. But it does not seem much different in traffic to the run in tune up to 3000rpm ish??

Have not done the E85 tune, later

Going for a drive while the kids are asleep :)

post-52098-0-33588500-1428612612_thumb.gif

I take it you replaced coil packs already?

I do not do anything, the builder does it all. I just throw the money at him.

What is this business of these blokes locking the ecu so no one else can access them ?

That to me is a bit strange, my ecu and I paid very good money for a tune, it is my tune for my car and probably only good for my car ?????

I live a long way from Sydney and if it brakes down I cannot get someone else to work on it ?