SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

Did they dial the cams?

Did they say how much they changed them?

Its a fat power curve. Not sure if its enough response for you.....

cams dialed in, i do not know how much they changed them, secrets ?

do you know why they can lock the ECU up ?

Response, think you might be right, haha

but it is good to drive :)

That does seem much less than I had expected...seems very torquey though! :)

Aside from the misfiring, how does it drive? (EDIT: Answered above.)

P.S.

Locking the ecu is shit.

Edited by JH32

Hi James

Drives pretty good and gets going early, would like a bit more but can live with it :)

I want the lock taken off, it is MY ECU and no one has the right to sell me a service for my car , put it on my ECU and refuse me access to be able to use it , well I think so:/

Hi James

Drives pretty good and gets going early, would like a bit more but can live with it :)

I want the lock taken off, it is MY ECU and no one has the right to sell me a service for my car , put it on my ECU and refuse me access to be able to use it , well I think so:/

In before

"my 20k 3.2 nitto motor exploded because I let the local servo mechanic touch the tune up"

• Like 1

There is soooo much left in this setup IMO

E85, more boost (22 psi WTF?!?!), it would be a different kettle of fish!

Petrol cars run like a hairy billy goat compared to a full E85 tune. It's bloody night and day!

In before

"my 20k 3.2 nitto motor exploded because I let the local servo mechanic touch the tune up"

Absolutely understand that, I would never let anyone other than a person qualified for this type of work touch my ECU. If I did let another person do the work it would have to be under their shop's warranty :)

I would not unlock it, I would want a password for it, this way they would have to get me to unlock it for ANY work.

I do not live around the corner and at some time I am sure I will stop getting my work done in Sydney and have the right to access my property and do with it as I wish BUT once this is done any warranty is karput!! and any problems caused by another person at my request is MY fault and I would have to pay for repairs.

As I am sure you did :(

There is soooo much left in this setup IMO

E85, more boost (22 psi WTF?!?!), it would be a different kettle of fish!

Petrol cars run like a hairy billy goat compared to a full E85 tune. It's bloody night and day!

Yeah mate , but you need access to it, please do not sat,drum it :)

I hate to think how much cash you have spent to pick up some midrange power....... I know it would make the car nicer to drive, but wow.

But is is already a bit more than mid range power, there is no lag, gets off reasonably well and I think if I launch it at around 4000rpm, it will go very well

with the new clutch you can rev through the release and the revs continue to build, but I have not done it on a more vigorous start. but it feels pretty good :)

They lock them so no one can see their tunes, they did the same thing to my FC and Scott was able to get around it

I would have expected more down low then that, you need to get someone else to tune it properly

CRD did the first tune on my 32, i supplied the Power FC and Z32 AFMs, they just had to fit and tune, they charged me $440 to make "adaptors" to go from the AFMs to the HKS pod filters and all they did was weld 4mm alloy plate to the HKS pod adaptors and tap to suit the Z32 which i could have done at home, they replaced 3 day old spark plugs with the same ones, but couldn't give me back the old ones, then farked me around for 3 hours waiting for it to get tuned, as soon as got there after then telling me it would be ready by then i asked if they would rather i came back the next day they replied no it will get done

5:30 it goes on dyno and less then an hour later it comes off which included dialing cams and i got a $1800 bill, that wednesday i went tk the drags and the car went from 11.9 on stock ecu to 11.8 after CRD tuned, i was pissed at how it drove so i replaced the dodgy adaptors with an Apexi Z32 kit then while looking for Dave Flood i came across Scott at insight and after talking to him for 10mins i went home and got the car, $350 later tuned properly and drove better then stock ECU and the following Wednesday ran back to back 11.3@125mph

• Like 5

They lock them so no one can see their tunes, they did the same thing to my FC and Scott was able to get around it

I would have expected more down low then that, you need to get someone else to tune it properly

CRD did the first tune on my 32, i supplied the Power FC and Z32 AFMs, they just had to fit and tune, they charged me $440 to make "adaptors" to go from the AFMs to the HKS pod filters and all they did was weld 4mm alloy plate to the HKS pod adaptors and tap to suit the Z32 which i could have done at home, they replaced 3 day old spark plugs with the same ones, but couldn't give me back the old ones, then farked me around for 3 hours waiting for it to get tuned, as soon as got there after then telling me it would be ready by then i asked if they would rather i came back the next day they replied no it will get done

5:30 it goes on dyno and less then an hour later it comes off which included dialing cams and i got a $1800 bill, that wednesday i went tk the drags and the car went from 11.9 on stock ecu to 11.8 after CRD tuned, i was pissed at how it drove so i replaced the dodgy adaptors with an Apexi Z32 kit then while looking for Dave Flood i came across Scott at insight and after talking to him for 10mins i went home and got the car, $350 later tuned properly and drove better then stock ECU and the following Wednesday ran back to back 11.3@125mph

I have to admit I struggle with all of this and feel lost at the attitude of people in this trade :(

Paid for a tune that turns bad the next day and it does not go over 6000rpm without going tits up, I understand that shit happens at times as we are all human. It was on the Dyno and sounded good, nothing noticeable at 8000ish?

Maybe I have this wrong, when they lock the ECU does that mean the ECU cannot be used at all by another tuner at all, rendering the ECU useless ?

Or you cannot access the tune to adjust it, this would be OK as long as a new tune could be put in the ECU .

I think it would be illegal to deny me access to my property to use as I choose and at the very least they should delete the tune and leave the run in tune on the ECU and give me my money back.

It would be like a bloke putting a new lock on your front door that you do not like because the door only opens half way and your not allowed to get another lock on because they do not want to let the new locksmith see the other lock and that is crazy.

Surely my tune would not be good for another car, who would want to steal it?

Maybe they took your "street tune" too literally. Rips is getting 1000awkw from the Nitto 3.2 (albeit with a massive turbo and a few other bits) but I would be looking for around 450awkw for a good streetable result with your gear. If you are happy with the way it drives fair enough but if you get a hankering for a little more give the tuner a ring and ask what he would/could do and charge to up the boost and kw. If you are not convinced by his answer consider trying another tuner. I don't know where you live and can only personally guarantee three tuners over here but I suspect if you could get to Status or Guilt Toy they would get you results. I am sure members could point you to other tuners as well.

It is possible that as the engine builders as well as the tuners they tuned massively conservatively so that you can't blow the engine but that should not be necessary.

Maybe they took your "street tune" too literally. Rips is getting 1000awkw from the Nitto 3.2 (albeit with a massive turbo and a few other bits) but I would be looking for around 450awkw for a good streetable result with your gear. If you are happy with the way it drives fair enough but if you get a hankering for a little more give the tuner a ring and ask what he would/could do and charge to up the boost and kw. If you are not convinced by his answer consider trying another tuner. I don't know where you live and can only personally guarantee three tuners over here but I suspect if you could get to Status or Guilt Toy they would get you results. I am sure members could point you to other tuners as well.

I do not mind the numbers of the tune, it is as much as I need, I would like it to get started a little earlier if possible.

The 3.2 does what I wanted from idle, maybe it is not possible to get what I want exactly but it is close enough for a bit of fun :)

No one has the right to render my property useless because they do not want someone to see what they have done, they can take it back, but I want my money back and both sides are happy ?

I have a 350 Klm trip to get these tunes

Could try DVS Tuning on the central coast, Jez has built a bit of a good rep for himself, i haven't used him personally but have heard good things

He is at Gosford and a couple of blokes say he is pretty good and tunes a bit on the safe side and that is OK for me.Has a RWD Dyno , are these OK for AWD cars, guess so ?

At the moment I just want this tune to work properly, so I can drive the car and see if it is what I want before thinking of changing it :)

Maybe I have this wrong, when they lock the ECU does that mean the ECU cannot be used at all by another tuner at all, rendering the ECU useless ?

Or you cannot access the tune to adjust it, this would be OK as long as a new tune could be put in the ECU

It's just a password or a code of some sort that you'll need to access the tune. But yes unless the other tuner has the code, they can't access it. However, I'm pretty sure that they can reset the whole ECU and start from scratch if you so choose.....*I think*...

It's just a password or a code of some sort that you'll need to access the tune. But yes unless the other tuner has the code, they can't access it. However, I'm pretty sure that they can reset the whole ECU and start from scratch if you so choose.....*I think*...

If it got to that stage that would be OK because you were having a new tune anyway.

But as I paid for the tune I should own it, I did not lease it or sign something saying they own it. I have no agreement with them.

I do not mean this mob, I am speaking generally about any tunner locking us out of our tune we paid for ?