SAU Community

Best Turbo For Rb25det

Hey guys I have been searching and searching for the correct turbo to put on but cannot find it..

I have a rb25det, has your usual bolt ons but has stock internals..

I am looking for the best/quickest spooling turbo for skidding/drifting, I do not want to hi-flow the current as I am looking at going a 6boost top mounted setup with a external wastegate..

What would be the best turbo to run, the car is only driven 2-3 times a week but gets driven hard when it does.

Opinions on the GTX3076r,GT3076r and GT3071r?

There is a whole f**king thread dedicated to RB25 dyno results that is 53 pages long.

How about looking at that for a start and seeing some different results from other people's setups.

In the end the choice is yours personally anyway so someone could have an entirely different opinion on each turbo.

A turbo doesn't have to be that large for drifting/skidding so you wouldn't even need one as large as you mentioned because you want response.

Look through the RB25 turbo thread and guaranteed you will find something you like/want.

• Like 1

HKS GT-RS for 250-260rwkw perfect for drifting on 98.
300rwkw ++ on e85..

HKS 2835 PRO S FOR 280RWKW+

These two twos are the most responsive on the market for these power figures.
Overall awesome power curve aswell.

Jesse Streeter just sent me A GTRS Delivered for $2600.

Cheapest you'll find anywhere.

• Like 1

If you are going to be using it internally gated bolton turbo and expect the most response out of it I do recommend our ATR43SS1PU, this turbo performs the identical way as the standard 21U high flow, it makes 20psi by 3400RPM, which is your factory turbo's response that peeks around 310rwkws on E85 fuel or about 265rwkws on Pump.

But if you are only looking to keep it as a factory bolt on temporary terms and expect a huge jump in HP after external gate and high mount is installed, I would recommend our ATR43G4SAT turbo, This turbo has similar response to a 3076 that peeks 20psi by 3800RPM, capable of making around 312rwkws on pump 98 fuel using street legal return flow cooler, and good enough to peek 420rwkws on a high mount E85 setup.

Both turbos has detachable rear dump adaptor, so it can be high mounted or low mounted without too much trouble on the exhaust piping.

I've got a Oxford dictionary pages worth of dyno reading with different turbo combinations specifically engineered for a Rb25det engine, you are welcome to give me a ring to go through couple of more specific configurations for your needs.

if money is no problem, then GTX3076 will be a light switch at 4000rpm and will take you upto 400kw's, but silly not to get a hypergear, use the money saved for tyres...

Edited by AngryRB

isn't drifting about big clouds of smoke whilst going side ways ? which is related to massive torque no?? so you need a big turbo kicking from 4000-7000rpm...

Edited by AngryRB