SAU Community

Share Your Euro!

PranK

I've probably spent a couple of hours in one stint sitting in them and didn't notice any discomfort. But I can see how they could become uncomfortable on a long interstate trip.

Most I've spent in a sitting was 4 hours of hard Autobahning on the day my back didn't causing me some grief, and I find them not that comfortable as they look.

Save from seats, visibility from rear windows and factory GPS which is based on Tom Tom, it's actually a great car, reliable too.

I had an Alpha romeo 156.

It was horrible

Did everything Horribly.

It's such a shame Alfa make such beautiful cars but they are made so horribly. Don't know if i could own another one....

Replaced it for a Nissan Cube. Win at life.

I'm currently very seriously looking into a VW Scirocco R. It's tempting me sooo much.

The Scirocco R is a very nice car. It has a class leading interior, fantastic exterior design, good grunt, and the TFSI 2.0L turbo motor has plenty of potential. Its equipped with the same K04 turbo found in the Golf R - and my old MKV GTI Pirelli.

A simple $1500 Stage 1 tune lifts power and torque from 188kW & 330Nm to about 230kW and 410Nm Add an upgraded high pressure fuel pump, full exhaust, intake and intercooler and your looking at over 260kW and 460Nm. Even with upgraded front suspension, anti-lift kit and sticky tyres you can still expect wheel spin in 3rd gear at 80-100kmh.

Won't match an RS265 through a corner but more than capable in every other area.

• Like 1

Had this for almost a year, photo from the yard in QLD before it was freighted down. A8 4.2 Quattro. I have just replaced the air struts with coilovers because both fronts went. Need to tweak the height so it's around "Sport" height. I do love my luxo-barges.

image3_zpse8rnccik.jpeg

• Like 1

The seats are ridiculously comfortable and adjust in every way, not the ventilated type though which is a shame. Fingerprint reader start button which confused the shit out of the transport company because they thought it's security related - it's for user recognition to set the car to your preferences - fingerprint reader when driver, button on the door for when you're a passenger.

Despite it's bulk it's still great fun to drive. A few maintenance things to take care of then it's contemplating the Magnaflow exhaust or a custom job I think.

Oh and 100% aluminium unlike the steel behemoth Phaeton

Edited by DivHunter

• 4 weeks later...

Expect to see A8 at the auctions and or a scrap yard in the near future - being traded and going straight to a wholesaler.

Making way for a Swedish meatball tractor (S40 D5) can't wait to remap and blow the IC.

• Like 1

Lol do tell

If you were to research the A8 there are a number of common faults as with any car. As it turns out my A8 has every common and some un-common faults and as they accumulated and I recently priced up all the required parts then considered the extreme difficulty of working on the masterwork of over-engineering that is the A8 - I started looking for another car.

If you were to research the A8 there are a number of common faults as with any car. As it turns out my A8 has every common and some un-common faults and as they accumulated and I recently priced up all the required parts then considered the extreme difficulty of working on the masterwork of over-engineering that is the A8 - I started looking for another car.

Heartbreak?

• 5 weeks later...

I had an Alpha romeo 156.

It was horrible

Did everything Horribly.

It's such a shame Alfa make such beautiful cars but they are made so horribly. Don't know if i could own another one....

Replaced it for a Nissan Cube. Win at life.

I'm currently very seriously looking into a VW Scirocco R. It's tempting me sooo much.

FWD isn't it?

My Alfetta GTV and 164Q were fun times. Especially the RWD GTV.

• 2 weeks later...

Ex bmw e39 530d m-sport nice daily driver.

I have To sell it becouse I bought stagea m35

post-139912-0-82129700-1463764430_thumb.jpeg

post-139912-0-72570400-1463764467_thumb.jpeg

Still my project e21 316. Mayby some day it hast Bigger engine And turbo :)

post-139912-0-13679400-1463764491_thumb.jpeg

Sry for bad english

Edited by TukeH
  • Like 1