SAU Community

Share Your Euro!

PranK

• 1 month later...

I used to have an E60 M5. It may have been the least reliable car ever... I had it for two years, it spent 3 full months during that period at BMW.

I then bought my wife an E61 530i. It was neglected (in terms of maintenance) horribly when we purchased it, i have spent a fair amount of cash fixing it up since. It is now brilliant and does everything we could possibly want. 

Disclaimer: I like wagons... :)

Being delivered: 

*The crowd were all there to see some other blokes Range Rover. He was sure he had the best bargain ever, until he learned the price of the wagon (sub 15k):

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

Edited by Steve85
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PranK said:

Yes!!! I love BMW wagons! That is awesome! (I am a wagon guy too).

I looked and looked for a decent wagon. I had one lined up too, then my wife got sick after the birth of our daughter (she's fine now). The deal fell through, and I cracked it and low balled the one we have now. It had seriously been up for sale for about six months. The guy agreed and then the slow process of fixing it up again began. For example here are the original wheels that were offered with the car (i declined them):

IMG_7195.JPG

IMG_7196.JPG

IMG_7193.JPG

Just now, niZmO_Man said:

People who used to buy wagons are buying crossovers. Extra height and reduced interior space are desirable apparently.

This and the fact that were/are expensive. They can be pricey if you don't look after them (for repairs). 

I love the way they look and they are incredibly practical. Also our 530i is no slouch, i mean its not quick, but it can go a bit and it handles well.

Ours has an LSD, but alone time in the wagon is rare :) , not sure if my wife even knows about it.

I do not like the color but otherwise e61 is really nice. especially when there are m-sport.
m54b30 engine is really trustworthy with what I know.

here in Finland is the silver bmw is really a common and  and a dozen is 13 :rolf:

• Like 1

I do not like the color

@TukeH fair enough, here is my old M5, i loved this colour (threw in one of our old focus too). It was different and unusual for BMW's. Made me love that car even more. I knew it was bad for me, even before I bought it. I just couldn't help it. Totally worth the pain... that noise. Probably the best sounding car in the world.

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

Edited by Steve85
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

2007 BMW 335i, owned about 3 years now.

Have JB4 piggy back tune + Backend Flash (running ~15psi on stock twin turbos), AR down-pipes, ER chargepipe + Forge Divter valves, BMS POD filters, RB PCV valve and BMW oil catch can, makes about 260kw + tad over 500Nm at the wheels.

No exterior mods (besides the CCCP stickers :banana:) and with the stock ulgy 17" wheels (found on lower spec poverty models) makes a good sleeper to blend in and zero police attention vs the Skyline.

Resized IMG_0131.jpg

Resized IMG_0358.jpg

DSC08220.JPG

DSC08282.JPG

0005.jpg

• Like 2

On 01/09/2016 at 7:12 AM, Steve85 said:

@Mayuri Krab, is your car that awesome green? I'd love to see some close up pictures of it when it's washed? I've seen a few (like 2 or 3) that are that colour. Love it!

Deep Green.

Unfortunately if you want close up shots of it wash that's probably gonna be a long wait as I haven't washed any of my cars (my Skyline's got a nice coat of dust LOL) for a long time.

I use this car as a long distance cruiser (and do several thousand kms on WA's rural back roads several times every year and my parents live in rural suburb too, which requires driving on unpaved dirt roads) so I've long since given up on making it look 'clean' :laugh:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That M5, holy smokes.... I would love to hear it run.

There was a tunnel on the return trip from my parents that we were forever taking (thankyou Eastlink!). One freezing night in winter I was coming home about 2am with my wife asleep in the car beside me. I performed the normal, windows down, sunroof open and gave it the boot. My wife awoke immediately. 

We howled through the tunnel, i put the windows up, closed the sunroof and she says "I was going to be so angry at you, but that sound is amazing isn't it?"

Proof she's a keeper.

• Like 2