SAU Community

Share Your Euro!

PranK

Thanks! I'd love to spend money on it but the moment I buy wheels for it is when I'll want to upgrade the suspension and then it will snowball into wanting to spend money on all aspects of the car. :( I still have spent little bits here and there on maintenance and small upgrades but maybe one day...

Honestly it's not hard to park but yes it's a bit longer than usual so it's harder to find a good spot. It doesn't feel as long as it is, I love it! :) 

Nope they aren't aftermarket, they are factory post 2000 facelift rear lights (my car came standard with the amber indicator seen in the middle pic). There were 2 facelifts during the E38 production and mine was the first facelift so even though it had a few nicer parts it still didn't get the clear indicators. The following screenshot will make more sense. :)

It was one of the first things I did to the car. These lights are a bit hard to find but surprisingly the week I bought my car, a pair came up on eBay for $60.00! I was expecting to pay around $200 for these lights so I was so stoked when I received them. They were in basically new condition with BMW part numbers etc.

E38.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah that's crazy hey. Did the Xenons only come on some particular models of the Bora, most likely a later one too? Not all E38s came with Xenon projector headlights either however I luckily already have these on mine.

• 2 months later...
[mention=20995]lingeringsoul[/mention] nice! I bet its stupid fun on the track?
[mention=143902]shoey85[/mention] that looks gorgeous! Why a Prado? 

Dogs, off-roading, I had one over east on holiday it was great. The Audi is losing value like it's going out of fashion and it's just really expensive to maintain and it doesn't do dogs or off-road so it's gotta go!

• 2 months later...

I think I have mentioned this before, i'm very partial to Euro wagons. After inspecting the new models all week, deciding that they were ugly (mostly) my wife and I have gone and done something, well interesting...we now have matching wagons. :D

Wagon 3.jpg

Wagon 8.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, PranK said:

God I absolutely love that.

Me too. Cannot wait to get this thing. Just need to get some nice wheels for it i think. I can't wait to have two of these things. Picked this up for 16k drive away with a $2k 5 Year limited warranty on top. Not too bad (in my opinion). It's going to need that warranty... i can feel it!

I looked at the current E class and 5 series wagons and I just didn't love them. I also looked at the C-Class wagon which I did like the look of, but felt it was too small. So after everything, i took what i feel is the easy option and bought the car I love the look of and know how it drives. 

Funnily enough, the silver one (our first) has no options (at all), this white one, has everything ticked, full moon-roof, TV, CD stacker, a little table that folds out of the boot, heads up display, it's got it all. I am super excited for this car.

Gotta get rid of my XR6T now... :O

Just found out theres a euro section.

I have a 2011 BMW e90 328XI automatic as my daily driver. 

So far it's got close to 113000kms and I want to see it well past 200000km. I bought it used 2years ago and payed the same price my buddy paid for his brand new elantra that same year. I want my bimmer to outlive his hyundai so badly lol.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Secondhand car warranty? Have fun with that.

I've had them before, if you go in with your eyes open they aren't too bad. They get a shitty review from people who think that it covers the fact that their dog ate the seats and it should be covered or that it has come in with salt water in the cylinders (looking at you Land Rover owners). BMW are pretty good with them.

Edit: I should add my wife works in a law firm, so letters on their letterhead tend to help.

Edited by Steve85