SAU Community

Share Your Euro!

PranK

@Leroy Peterson, can you give us some more info? Where did you find this? it looks to be in amazing condition. 
Are you into English cars or did this just peak your interest this time? I'd love to hear the background to this.

5 hours ago, Steve85 said:

@Leroy Peterson, can you give us some more info? Where did you find this? it looks to be in amazing condition. 
Are you into English cars or did this just peak your interest this time? I'd love to hear the background to this.

I've decided to keep track of the build here: http://www.zeitakuvip.com/forum/member-s-rides/non-vip-builds/22023-triumph-tr7

After the whole Photobucket fiasco, i dont really want to be posting on multiple forums again... except some odd updates on the pulsar on SAU. All the detail is on PGA.

Everyone carrying on about rust has me real worried about the car. like how do you wash a car that rusts easily? cant use water lol. It also will be sitting outside for a week or two which has me concerned... ill buy a cover for it I think

• Like 1

Wow! That looks so cool. Good call on the SR20 too. 

You could grab the other one, then you could have matching cars with your Dad! Go on, you know you want to! :D

• Like 2

On 12/08/2017 at 3:41 PM, Count Grantleyish said:

Whoa, I'm seeing double! 

Haha, one is silver, one is white. Also one is knackered (gearbox issues) and one is in mint condition...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Gearbox issues, is it under warranty? 

Silver one is knackered. It has just become my daily, i've had it for two years and it has served me well so far. It's certainly not under any kind of warranty.
The gearbox had a it of a meltdown about 3 or 4 months ago and was flaring and carrying on. I ignored it (like you do) and then finally at the service mentioned it was "a bit rough". They recommended a new gearbox for 10k. I declined and we looked at the new models, but none of them were my thing. In the end, we came back to the same model, only this one has been well kept, well serviced and has every conceivable option these things came with. 
If the gearbox does go, it will be a project for my friends and I to change it over and see if we can reprogram the car. Surprisingly it has been very well behaved since the initial problems, but i'm pretty much expecting it to stop moving the back wheels at any stage now. When it does, bring on the spanners... :)