SAU Community

Share Your Euro!

PranK

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 3:15 PM, niZmO_Man said:

I like how the "hook" bits on the BMW lights is inverted and less prominent compared to the Subaru.
Yes I know the photos are bad, my camera phone is stuffed after Android 10 update

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 10.32.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 10.32.24.jpeg

Nice ride! I always like the BMW wheels.

• 10 months later...
12 minutes ago, PranK said:

That looks awesome. I bet its a hoot to drive!

Yes it is, does everything without fuss. The amount of grip available is hard to believe for a wrong wheel drive car, definitely a step up from the Mini but needs some love which I'm happy to give it. 

The Mini was great but eventually all good things come to an end. Im sure the new owner will love it, they're getting a damn good car.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Yes it is, does everything without fuss. The amount of grip available is hard to believe for a wrong wheel drive car, definitely a step up from the Mini but needs some love which I'm happy to give it. 

The Mini was great but eventually all good things come to an end. Im sure the new owner will love it, they're getting a damn good car.

Thank f**k finally someone bought a MK3 megane

Best car for the money bar none, road, track, everything in between. My 225 was lovely. The 250/265/275 have a ton of aftermarket support if you want to go that way too.

• Like 1

They are a hoot to drive, still have fond memories of the Hertz rental 275 on the Old Pacific Highway

Ridiculous cornering ability, hard ride, enough straight line speed and a whole heap of fun

I would have bought one if it wasn't for my narrow driveway

5 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Thank f**k finally someone bought a MK3 megane

Best car for the money bar none, road, track, everything in between. My 225 was lovely. The 250/265/275 have a ton of aftermarket support if you want to go that way too.

Just going to leave it for now, it has the mid resonator deleted otherwise standard. Its a 265 cup+ so it has an extra 15 lamas

5 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

How's MINI vs. Megane in everyday driving? Interior/build quality?

Surprisingly the mini build quality was very good. 247k km, drove beautiful, no rattles from the interior. Solid little car. Shit at putting the power down, no lsd.

The megay is a real nice place to be, being a cup+ it's the more luxurious comfy version. It has high kms also at 195. There are some interior rattles that are affecting my ocd. It drives awesome and is mechanically solid. Drive wise, it's in a different league to the Mini. It's apples and oranges.

I just sold the Mini to the first viewer, ex bmw tech. He agreed with me that it was the best condition 247k car he'd ever seen.

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Nissan in disguise, you are a true JDM enthusiast

Busted, lol.

Faux Nissan, gohsn style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember seeing one at Phillip island a few years back, stock as a rock fitted with Bridgestone semis re55 i think. Ran 1:54's, my 33 with double the power and the extensive mods has run a best of 1:50.4. 

54's with tyres is impressive

• Like 1

Not to mention PI is a bit of a power track...

But yes they can be tuned and have all sorts of mods available given they exist in a racing series for them. The MK3 had a few rattles, one of which is the brake pedal which makes all sorts of racket. It can be fixed with a ziptie.

Proper JDM.

• Haha 1

Does this count as Euro? My new daily, it’s got a Renault motor! Lol 

Just fitted a Pro Vent catch can and Plazmaman, cooler and pipe kit as well as Plazmaman intake pipe. Next is turbo back exhaust, then off to Jez for a remap. 👍🏼

285279F0-A1B3-4252-87C1-5A5AB9F89E26.jpeg

On 18/06/2021 at 9:13 AM, Kinkstaah said:

Not to mention PI is a bit of a power track...

But yes they can be tuned and have all sorts of mods available given they exist in a racing series for them. The MK3 had a few rattles, one of which is the brake pedal which makes all sorts of racket. It can be fixed with a ziptie.

Proper JDM.

Details on zip tie fix. I need max jdmness in my life

You'll know if you hear it, same problem on MK2 RS Megane as the MK3. If you hear a really noticable, loud rattle, that goes away if you put 1% of brake pressure on your pedal while driving along - Bust out the zipties to take the slack out of the pedal.

You dont need to engage the pedal or anything like that, it's very obvious when you look at it.

Side note: I found the Megane REALLY easy to work on. May be a little weird when you first look at it, but as soon as you do I found it really, really nicely and obviously laid out in pretty much every system.

• Like 1