• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
Tony Olsson

Club Permit Info

To be eligible to get a club permit you must be a financial member of a VicRoads approved vehicle club or association.

For us to issue you a club permit, you must be a member of SAU Vic.

After joining SAU Vic there is a 3 month waiting period before being eligible to apply for a club permit through SAU Vic.

We also ask that you attend at least 2 club events a year.

A club event is defined as –

Any SAU Vic Motorsport event
SAU Vic Show & Shine
Any ‘Members Only’ events
SAU Vic Monthly Meets

To join SAU Vic visit our website for more info - http://www.sauvic.com.au/how-to-join or come see us in person at one of the clubs many events.

For more info on club permits feel free to download the .pdf - http://www.sauvic.com.au/download/SAUVIC_Club_Permit_Info_201504.pdf

Or visit the VicRoads website - https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme

If you have any other questions feel free to send us an email at club@sauvic.com.au

or come talk to us at one of our events, we are more than happy to chat :)

Not for a few years

The link to SAU Vic page is currently broken.

http://www.sauvic.com.au/download/SAUVIC_Club_Permit_Info_201504.pdf

Is club rego through SAU still available?

Yes it is, will see to getting the link working again but in the mean time feel free to send me a PM with any questions :)

What is the actual process now?  I believe VicRoads does some type of inspection.  Is this just for correct numbers or some form of roadworthy?  Also does SAUVic do other marques, ie. Datsuns?  I have a 1600 that I will put on club reg once it's done.  Who can I speak to about Club Reg?

as above contact  club@sauvic.com.au

I believe that other Marques have been done in the past.

Basically the new rules are:

get a Full roadworthy

get the form filled in by the club

take all above to vicroads pay some $$ get plates

• Like 1

Sounds simple enough, my RS will be elegible at the end of the year so will definitely be getting onto it.

31 minutes ago, VICDRIFT said:

Would i be able to get club reg on my 1993 r33 skyline?

Next year you will. Must be 25 years old

• Like 1

Hi, My name is Jonathan and i have been speaking to someone at sau via email about getting my club permit for my 89 32gtr. For some reason i have stopped getting a reply from them? I have now acquired a Vic RWC and need the paperwork signed asap before the RWC expires. I'm happy to drive to the location needed to get the paperwork signed i just need to know who to speak to.

Cheers   

On 10/5/2017 at 12:32 PM, SIR-JD said:

Hi, My name is Jonathan and i have been speaking to someone at sau via email about getting my club permit for my 89 32gtr. For some reason i have stopped getting a reply from them? I have now acquired a Vic RWC and need the paperwork signed asap before the RWC expires. I'm happy to drive to the location needed to get the paperwork signed i just need to know who to speak to.

Cheers   

Have replied

I had a little trouble getting my club plates.

The club has no one registered with VicRoads as a scrutineer so they refused the application. They gave me the form for club official signatures which clearly states "President, Secretaries and Treasurers can sign a club permit application to declare that the permit applicant is a current financial member of the club. They cannot sign a Vehicle eligibility and standards declaration for club permit vehicles form unless they are nominated as scrutineer or club safety officer."

Knowing that others have been given club permits I went to another VicRoads office where they happily processed the paper work and gave me my plates but it would be a good idea to update the form with VicRoads and provide some scrutineers. The most recent details they had are from 2015. If they follow the process correctly they currently cannot issue any club permits for the club.

6 hours ago, tom_g said:

The most recent details they had are from 2015. If they follow the process correctly they currently cannot issue any club permits for the club.

This is strange as I am meant to be down as scrutineer and was/have been till you mentioned this. Will look into it, thanks :)

Hi guys. Heads up. Give Bundoora VicRoads a wide birth as today I was knocked back. After supplying all the correct and complete paper work was told that because the car was complied in 2002 in Australia club reg was available to me in 2027. I said the car is 25 years old but no. She had spoken with her manager and confirmed this. In my head I'm like FTS. Trust me I know what you thinking. I'm old enough now to know when to shut my mouth. So of to Broadmeadows I go. Guess what. Bingo all good paid and done. If you encounter Andrea from Bundoora just turn around and walk out. Hope this helps some People. By the way she/he had testicles.👍