SAU Community

Rb25det Timing Kits

Lamsr334door

Hi guys/girls, kinda new to the forum, I've stalked a lot but that's about it haha.

Question is what timing belt kits have you run, any bad/good experiences and what brands, I'm due for a timing belt kit and water pump, my pump will be genuine but when it comes to the kit I'm not sure which to go, there a few brands out there, found kudosmotorsport.com gives u a few options of belt brands. My car is a street/drift car mainly, comes out to play once a month of money allows but gets driven most weekends to the shops and maybe to race track to spectate, qld laws are making me scared to drive it hahah

Edited by Lamsr334door

I run a Gates racing belt with no problems. Some people find they are noisey but they may be over tensioned

Kudos offer Greddy as well i think which i havent heard anything bad about. Id probably go Nismo if i had to choose but the gates belt came in the kit i got so went with that

Thanks for advice mate, few friends have said go the gates aswell hahaha never heard anyone say they wine but as u said they have probably over tension them, and yes was checking out kudosmotorsport.com and they offer a few ranges of belt brands, most expensive being Nismo then trust/greddy

Yeah I've found mine is fine. People probably hold the tensioner tight as they do the bolt up, where as all you actually need to do is wind the engine over (backwards or forwards, cant remember) a few times then change direction, hold the tensioner at that point as you do it up. The small hex in the tensioner isnt for doing the belt tight, just for holding the tension.

Mine hasn't snapped, slipped or made any noise so must be alright. I have the procedure here somewhere anyway. that was just off the top of my head