SAU Community

Daily R32 Gtst

ill let you know when there up for grabs.

cheers!

So pulled out the interior last night in preparation for the weekends cleaning / repairing / painting and found out why the hicas light was on and the speedo wasnt working. broken speedo cable. No doubt thats another fun job to fix

Just a couple of uninteresting updates....

Worked all weekend and got no where really.

Replaced the bonnet with a standard item. Removed ALL the stickers!

half way through replacing the water pump, but have decided to replace all the belts to. should have thought of that before but will order some today.

cleaned up some standard seats to replace the crappy race seat.

Took off the steering wheel to find there is no wires for the horn to work. so have to find the little piece of wire / connector 2nd hand somewhere...

none of the indicators / head lights worked. trying to do the wiring but its a shit mess.

1 step forward 2 steps back....

I remember this car from around 15 years ago!

It had the old green and gold plates that said BEAR32 I think.

I first saw this car at small car Sunday in 2000, good to see its being put into good use

Haha really?? Wouldnt happen to have any pics? Or know of the old owner or anything to get pics etc

Somewhere I do, I bought my 32 in 2001 and this was one of the cars I used to check out at all the shows. They are actual photos from film!!

I'm not sure where it is, but I have old camcorder footage of it blowing flames at a show at an oval opposite the brickworks :)

I think the owner was on here at some point too

There used to be a jap car parts shop called Peaks, back in 99/2000. The guy who owned it either had something to do with that shop or mates with them

It had s big gt wing on it then also, but no lpg system. I used to see it in town quite a bit, think the guy who owned it was a uni student

The car was also at Autosalon in 2000 and 2001 from memory

I remember it being for sale in 2003/4 also

There's more info on here somewhere but finding it is pretty hard being so old!

Good to see its still going, would have been one of the first 32 gtst in Adelaide

• 3 weeks later...

Still going on the cleaning up.

Fixing a lot of little issues.

Fixed

- Power windows

- Aircon

- Headlights not working

- Power mirrors now work

- Cd player and what not installed

Slowly removing the gas system to... what a pain in the ass!!

Looking at trying to get a budget modded 200kws....

Already has front mount and full exhaust and full pump

Thinking

- Z32 afm

- 600cc injectors

- nistune

- Turbo...... ? unsure which

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just wondering if anyone would know why my r32 gtst cuts out,

I was at a set of lights stopped and my car just cut out completely, didn't stall didn't run out of fuel it just turned off kicked it back over and it stRted fine,

I have a feeling it doesn't idle right either, cold start it revs at 1100 rpm or higher which i know would be pretty normal and warm somewhere in between 850-1050 always changing and not holding a firm idle always going up and down if you can understand what I mean or is this a common 32 thing?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not a whole lot has been going on with the car as of late. to damn cold in adelaide!!

The interior that was white is hanging in the shed drying, painted back to black. Plus put some lower springs on the car which will do until i find some coilovers....

And also over the weekend found a oem n1 GTR bar.

Before

11208664_10155856613975215_3195446715848

11737988_10155856614045215_1809677326916

After

20216_10155856614180215_5475811259669907

11215723_10155856614275215_4151277548917

It didnt come with a lip, but im going to search around and see which lip are the smallest / least low

Also in the process of picking out a colour to spray it

Edited by Adz2332