SAU Community

26 Water Pumps On 25det

Lamsr334door

Hey guys I'm struggling to get my hands on a genuine rb25det water pump, Nissan apparently have 0 stock in Aus and there going for $220 now which is weird cause 2yrs ago I payed $160. I have been looking online for timing kits and found kudos motorsports do a fulling kit including genuine 25 pump, nsk idler and tensioner and hates racing belt and that's going for $426, I can get a timing kit for $155 with all stuff but no water pump, I fpund golebys parts have a kit for $209 with water pump from gmb in Japan but they have formed me they only get rb26 water pumps due to bigger propeller in water pump and that on some 25det engine u have to leave a bolt out of the water pump, I don't Like the sound of this, what are you're thoughts on this

Just forkout for a genuine RB25 water pump. It will be good for the life of your car (i'm just going to go ahead and assume you will sell it or kill it before you put 100,00 on the clock) is $220 really that much? People on here have used the GMB pumps with success but personally i would just shell out for a 25 pump.

Your making this much harder then it needs to be. Contact Kudos Motorsport and ask them for an RB25 water pump. They are good guys to deal with and will be able to get you a pump

Yea $220 isn't that much just a big jump from when I purchased one 2yrs ago haha and the kudos kit was just abit expensive atm haha, but I ddont even think about just getting the water pump through them and getting the gates timing belt through my supplier

Also I just noticed a shitload of spelling mistakes, so sorry about that

Hey guys I'm struggling to get my hands on a genuine rb25det water pump, Nissan apparently have 0 stock in Aus and there going for $220 now which is weird cause 2yrs ago I payed $160. I have been looking online for timing kits and found kudos motorsports do a fulling kit including genuine 25 pump, nsk idler and tensioner and hates racing belt and that's going for $426, I can get a timing kit for $155 with all stuff but no water pump, I fpund golebys parts have a kit for $209 with water pump from gmb in Japan but they have formed me they only get rb26 water pumps due to bigger propeller in water pump and that on some 25det engine u have to leave a bolt out of the water pump, I don't Like the sound of this, what are you're thoughts on this

All RB water pumps are the same, RB30, 20, 25 and 26. There are two options available on the aftermarket side. The difference between the two is one, you will have to leave out a bolt on some engines, another is that it bolts straight up with no bolts left out.

Either water pumps will work and will not cause leaks or any mechanical issue if installed properly.

Genuine parts is preferable and yes Kudos Motorsports are great for them. But in all honesty, I work with RBs on a daily basis and there are no issues with the 10mm locator bolt left out. There are no gaps and the face of the water pump overlaps the bolt hole, creating a perfect seal.

All 4 of my cars with RB engines don't have the locator bolt. All running aftermarket pumps with no problems.

Part Numbers:

GWP898 - Gates

PWP898 - Protex

7054 - GMB or ACE (both Jap brands)

With water pump 898, you need to leave out the 10mm locator bolt. 7054 has a elongated hole which allows the slight offset of the bolt hole to fit on compared to the 898.

Send me a PM if you have any further questions. I can also supply timing kits as well.

All RB water pumps are the same, RB30, 20, 25 and 26.

That is not correct at all.

20/25 are the same. Neo is different. 30 is 6 blade from memory and 26 is seven blade. And N1 is for race applications only as it doesn't flow enough at lower RPM.

• 2 weeks later...

That is not correct at all.

20/25 are the same. Neo is different. 30 is 6 blade from memory and 26 is seven blade. And N1 is for race applications only as it doesn't flow enough at lower RPM.

Wait I thought 20/26/30 water pumps were the same just 25 pumps were different cause of the small 10mm hole being slightly offset from the 20/26/30 pumps

Yes if you get down to the very fine specifics, but otherwise the same.

Just Jap had genuine water pumps for Rb25's as well, I just got one plus a timing belt kit all up around $400 [sorry can't remember the exact prices]. I had an Rb30 one on with a proper gasket and some sort of gasket goop [i didn't fit it and was away from home when it had to be replaced so was done by a shop].....lasted around 35K before it started leaking out the top. Had a noise in the front as well, sounded like a water pump to me, but won't know till I start it up, the water pump i took out didn't have any shaft play and spun Ok so I think I'll be still looking but who knows these things!!!!

I opted for the one with the 6mm bolt [10mm head] and the slotted hole. See how long this one lasts.