SAU Community

Wantgtr - Now Have One! Bnr32

Hi All,

Long time lurker and occasional poster - so ive been out of cars for a few years and did the whole grown up thing, got married, became a home owner and now starting a family. The 32 GTR has been one of those cars that I have had plastered on my wall as a kid and always dreamed about. its finally at the point where its old enough that it is easy to afford. Sure there are newer and faster cars but this has always been my favorite.

I havent done much since i bought it apart from a good service. im really just tiding it up for the interim and have some plans later down the track.

Car is relatively standard, basic bolt ons but stock ecu and injectors. Have raced it at wsid and got a baseline, 12.5 @ 111mph. Thought it would be quicker although the clutch didnt like launches over 5k. this resulted in a pretty ordinary 1.9 60ft. Consdering the mph there isnt much more i can shave off the time but i will return after more engine mods.

17365516521_f33f680715_b.jpg

16743375324_9864cf4c20_b.jpg

17365864785_f1b5cfd902_b.jpg

i missed the fight on the weekend and hand polished the twin turbo pipe. half way through i was wondering what i got myself into but now i want to polish everything!!

16745596493_1ea671e8bb_b.jpg

interior needs some work. chasing down bits as we speak.

17365866215_695ba00eb6_b.jpg

for some reason the carpet was all cut up when i bought the car. i took a punt and bought black carpet. i think i like it. i might have to make the boot trims black now.

Anyway, might catch some of you around. definitely some nice rides here!

• Like 5

Looks like a pretty clean example, good to see theres still a few left.

Curious as to where you got the carpet from? My boot carpet has also been hacked up. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for it!

Congrats on the purchase mate, car looks great.

Not to mention a very nice wheel and colour combination.

Hopefully will see more of yourself and the car at some upcoming events and meets :)

Gold BBS on black 32's always get my attention. So hot!!

Congrats on the purchase mate. Keep an eye out in events sections for meets. We gave go-karts coming up on 24th May. Hope to see you and your car there!

Looks like a pretty clean example, good to see theres still a few left.

Curious as to where you got the carpet from? My boot carpet has also been hacked up. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for it!

i couldnt bring myself to pay the prices a wrecker was asking for a rag with 20 years worth of stains. considering i spend enough time there, i found Bunnings carries automotive/marine carpet. its not the thickest of stuff but it cost me about $25 and it was easy to cut to size. im happy with the way it looks!

It does.look good. It must be ok if you have already taken it to wsid and you didn't spin a bearing.

Anyway congrats and enjoy the passion and working on it.

:thumbsup:

haha yeah no 2nd/3rd gear burn outs being awd. i figure it could take a few gears at redline though. if it couldnt motor would be on the way out anyway haha. some of my runs were pretty close together. im guessing due to the excessive heat/use my clutch didnt like 6500rpm launches. runs were mostly consistent all night though. will go back out when i make more power!!

Congrats on the purchase mate, car looks great.

Not to mention a very nice wheel and colour combination.

Hopefully will see more of yourself and the car at some upcoming events and meets :)

thanks for the kind words. definitely want to get out and about with it. doesnt get driven no where near enough as it should!

My brother still hasnt stopped regretting selling that lol

i was wondering when you'd chime in :P hes got good taste. its only going to get better tho!

Gold BBS on black 32's always get my attention. So hot!!

Congrats on the purchase mate. Keep an eye out in events sections for meets. We gave go-karts coming up on 24th May. Hope to see you and your car there!

i do the best i can to make it!

Just recieved brand new door hinges from RHD Japan, depending on how time goes this weekend ill get the gaurds of to change them. pretty busy these coming weeks :(

Next mods are haltech eflex, pump, injectors. basically setting it up for e85. time to make some powaaa

Lol i had to i couldnt not chime in. And i look forward to seeing what you do with it.... then tell my brother hes a idot for selling it lol well his loss your gain

Lol i had to i couldnt not chime in. And i look forward to seeing what you do with it.... then tell my brother hes a idot for selling it lol well his loss your gain

It came from a good home and it's gone to one too. everything is always for sale by the way.... and your brother was a tough man to bargain with! :P

beautiful car.

those BBS or are they Work Vs-xx wheels? they look like work wheels i used to have on my bmw few years ago

They are in fact work vsxx in 18x10. The offset would be in the 20s somewhere at a guess. The stickers have worn off lol

had a bit of time today so i managed to pull the elbow off. it was in a trickier spot than i first thought. next up ill be doing the pod adapters.

17447482211_b7425d85c4_b.jpg

Edited by WantGTR

• 4 weeks later...