SAU Community

Wantgtr - Now Have One! Bnr32

• 1 month later...

So this happened today....fitted them up. they look sexy.

i broke off just about every clip of the old ones when removing them lol.

the new ones were maneuverable enough to put on with the seats in place but considering the money i paid for these i removed the back seats and detached the lower trims to fit these.

19978813188_b0469a0376_b.jpg20150731_181249 by Oliver K, on Flickr

enjoy amigos.

• Like 1

How hard is it to fit them and get the seats out?

The base of the rear seat pops out of the mounts. The back is held in by a couple of bolts at the bottom. After they are removed the seat lifts out.

As for the lower trims there is a small plastic trim piece where the seat belt comes out of which is held in by one screw. Just pop out the lower trims.

The lower bolt of the rear seat belt needs to come out to go through the trim.

Just take your time and dont break anything lol

I ended up purchasing them from Just Jap. They were a little under $400. I belive rhd had similar pricing.

I guess the reality is the cars are getting old and theres less and less decent stuff around

• 1 month later...

the EMS Fairy made a visit today and delivered a new OEM gear boot surroud, oem hood rod clip and a nismo gt500 gear knob in titanium! its the small things in life!

21621535565_f84727570c_b.jpg20150922_184449 by Oliver K, on Flickr

21630399371_2c4fee5a40_b.jpg20150922_190138 by Oliver K, on Flickr

any know the part number for the handbrake boot??

Edited by WantGTR

You have to buy the whole back part of the consol to get the hand brake boot

i was afraid of that. i have an ebay spec one at the moment. its not bad but i do need to reseat/refit it neatly.

and you would anyway, always broken clips.

no broken clips here haha

• Like 1

Geez, this makes me want to checkout my RHD cart...

I'm also in an interior revamp mode with inspiration from various SAU build threads/google/magazines etc

currently done, triple gauge/dash LED's, superior auto CF-look gear/brake boots, suede covered a-pillars from a tweeter install, duracon shifter, dash mat.

current wishlist, centre vent, c-pillars, window rubbers, floor mats, lighting, door handles, r34 pedals.

what's next for you?

Geez, this makes me want to checkout my RHD cart...

I'm also in an interior revamp mode with inspiration from various SAU build threads/google/magazines etc

currently done, triple gauge/dash LED's, superior auto CF-look gear/brake boots, suede covered a-pillars from a tweeter install, duracon shifter, dash mat.

current wishlist, centre vent, c-pillars, window rubbers, floor mats, lighting, door handles, r34 pedals.

what's next for you?

theres so many good cars on here isnt there! going for a minimalist approach to the interior. instead of having a stack of gizmos and gadgets i have replaced all the worn out/broken stuff and just want a tidy interior.

i actually just had all the seats out and had them dry cleaned. honestly about 90% better. next up i want to retrim my steering wheel. was thinking of getting a nardi or sorts but i like the stock wheel. a new one from nissan is about 1k. speaking to a couple trimmers. see what happens.

theres so many good cars on here isnt there! going for a minimalist approach to the interior. instead of having a stack of gizmos and gadgets i have replaced all the worn out/broken stuff and just want a tidy interior.

i actually just had all the seats out and had them dry cleaned. honestly about 90% better. next up i want to retrim my steering wheel. was thinking of getting a nardi or sorts but i like the stock wheel. a new one from nissan is about 1k. speaking to a couple trimmers. see what happens.

Can actually GET them from Nissan or are they out of stock?

Also

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/457210-stock-modified-steering-wheel-options-r32/?hl=%2Bsteering+%2Bwheel#entry7545733

Kudos has one for $770pp. You'd need to check if its for the right year.

I've ordered a Nardi deep corn suede 350mm/80mm offset and WB boss kit (suede to match rest of interior details).

My approach is maintain a stock look/color scheme but update select items/replace broken OEM items.

Good idea, my seats need a good clean, probably with the rest of the interior actually

They are available from nissan and kudos...

Kudos has one for $770pp. You'd need to check if its for the right year.

I've ordered a Nardi deep corn suede 350mm/80mm offset and WB boss kit (suede to match rest of interior details).

My approach is maintain a stock look/color scheme but update select items/replace broken OEM items.

Good idea, my seats need a good clean, probably with the rest of the interior actually

Getting a nardi would be the cheaper option but theres just something about the stock wheel i love. Maybe its the simplicity.

As far as a retrim is concerned ive been quoted about 300-400 for a factory style refinish

Where did you end up getting your gear boot surround and gt500 gear knob from??

Check out RHDjapan

• 1 month later...

so after fitting the new gear surround i thought it was a shame to fit a new part on a hacked up stereo surround. i ended up selling my double din TV and bought a single din deck. wanting to go for the original look i bought a new stereo surround from nissan. its a thing of beauty.

22768784060_9566080678_b.jpg20151111_195556 by Oliver K, on Flickr

im about to fit it up but i am waiting for a replacement middle console which isnt hacked up. FYI GTR and GTSt ones are different! the GTR has a taller transmission tunnel hence a slightly shorter console. its important to have the right one as the console between the seats will NOT meet up to it.

Will post pics when it is back together. Watch this space for more factory awesomeness.

went for the textured one eh. i quite like the gloss black. a friend took his out and had it painted and cleared like 10 times in piano black. the deep gloss is magical..... but dust sucks.

i quite liked the double din look with the AC in the ashtray.