SAU Community

Wantgtr - Now Have One! Bnr32

• 2 weeks later...

Engine is in. Nismo mounts and urethane gearbox crossmemmber mounts fitted. Engine feels nice and tight. Whole car moves when you give the motor a push.

'Engine in' was a lot easier than i thought. Gearbox, tailshaft and passenger cv is on. Everything else is left. 

Pic for your troubles lol rb25 swap ?

2017-08-16_09-47-46

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Hey want, just read your thread, what internals did you end up going with and what turbos are you going to run?

No strokers or anything, nitto bits, kelford cams, and eventually single turbo. 

starting to put stuff back together slowly. Theres about a million and one little jobs to do, part of it a catch can setup.

This is the stock pcv in the balance tube

20170818_211511

I wont be plumbing the catch can back into the pcv so i replaced it with this

20170818_211848

Much neater than sticking a bolt in a hose. For those playing at home the thread is a 1/4bsp.

• Like 1

Are you going to go with the Garrett the workshop recommended?
I'd say they 64/66 that's advertised on here is a good buy, might be able to get my hands on a 6boost manifold to suit it as well.
That turbo on a 26 is insane!
The most fun you can have with your pants on!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Received a package from platnium racing. Definitely a quality piece of gear. Everything packaged really well and fits like a glove. I removed the stock r35 coil stalks and fitted the prp ones. Bracket and loom are mint. Genuine nissan coils supplied eith kit also.

20180221_18350920180221_21271320180221_21272520180221_213218

Kit fits under the cover but i think i might leave it off!!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

You inspired me want, I just bought the coil kit from Hypertune. I got the black anodised bracket

Niceeee.

Ive been waiting for my ard alternator since december. Pretty frustrating waiting so long but what do you do.

Fuel system is done. 8an feed and return. 1 walbro 460 in the tank, another 2 460s in the raceworks surge. Turbosmart fpr2000, bosch 1650 injectors in an aeroflow rail.

20180204_20555620180203_191236

Primed the surge tank and after a few minutes primed the fuel system. No leaks so very happy about that. 

If all goes to plan i should be mere weeks away from firing this thing up. Keen to hear this thing idle and race it.

• 3 weeks later...

So my Ard alternator finally turned up. That is now in. Same size as the old one so basically in and out job.

In other news. Couple boxes turned up. Had to do a test fit! 6boost with gtx3584rs. Loved the smell of new parts haha

20180329_143318

• Like 3

Looking tough, what are your plans for the gearbox?
Mines been upgraded to series 3 components but that’s still not strong enough for 500rwkw so it’s all up in the air right now, I want to go a ppg gearset and billet flex plate but all up that’s around 12k.
I’m planing on giving the box a freshen up and putting a twin plate clutch but that’s just temporary.

15 minutes ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Looking tough, what are your plans for the gearbox?
Mines been upgraded to series 3 components but that’s still not strong enough for 500rwkw so it’s all up in the air right now, I want to go a ppg gearset and billet flex plate but all up that’s around 12k.
I’m planing on giving the box a freshen up and putting a twin plate clutch but that’s just temporary.

No plans for the box. When it breaks ill prob just throw another one in or rebuild mine for now. No decent option without spending north of 15k so its not going to upgraded soon.

Going from basically stock to this level was costly.

On 10/03/2018 at 9:32 PM, WantGTR said:

Niceeee.

Ive been waiting for my ard alternator since december. Pretty frustrating waiting so long but what do you do.

Fuel system is done. 8an feed and return. 1 walbro 460 in the tank, another 2 460s in the raceworks surge. Turbosmart fpr2000, bosch 1650 injectors in an aeroflow rail.

How do you plan to run the pumps?

Always on or will they be turned on when needed by the ecu, or something different.